Lack of Reviews

I don't come onto the boards as much as I used to. I noticed that the Review section was taken out. But I also noticed theres no seperate threads with reviews. Are they buried in other threads or people just not doing them this year. I remember when we got section counts, music selection and all the good stuff you needed to understand a show even if you didn't see it.

I don't come onto the boards as much as I used to. I noticed that the Review section was taken out. But I also noticed theres no seperate threads with reviews. Are they buried in other threads or people just not doing them this year. I remember when we got section counts, music selection and all the good stuff you needed to understand a show even if you didn't see it.

Seems like most people this year are posting reviews at the end of show threads.

I've tried this year, and quite frankly I get shredded almost every time I do.

Wow, the people who think you are a 'hater' because you post that you think the pit is too loud or the spacing is bad, come out of nowhere to bash YOU!

I post using my iPhone and sometimes the software puts in words I didnt type and leaves in words I might have spelled wrong.

Who cares!

Who cares? The spelling police on DCP. Guess that makes them feel better about my posts?

I've got 3 shows coming up in the next week and I dont plan on posting anything until I get home OR in rebuttal to something posted that DIDN'T happen.........

Even the tweeters have quit......imagine that........

As you can see in the individual threads about corps, there is a lot of perceived negativity on DCP and it is stopping a lot of good, civil discussions - IMHO.

• Like 6

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but here's the review forum:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/forum/5-dci-all-corps-show-event-reviews/

Review Forum is there. It's June, so not as much to talk about yet.

And yes, people get all butt hurt if they don't like a review, and many reviewers give up because they are tired of the abuse.

When i get to a show, I'll review. I've learned to either ignore or make fun of the idiots

• Like 7

Don't they have a DCP forum set up for text reviews? If I wasn't on my iPhone I'd post a link.

Please don't stop writing reviews. I'm sure there are more of us than not who really enjoying reading reviews. Don't let the few "negative nellies" ruin it for the majority. thanks.

Wow, the people who think you are a 'hater' because you post that you think the pit is too loud or the spacing is bad, come out of nowhere to bash YOU!

I post using my iPhone and sometimes the software puts in words I didnt type and leaves in words I might have spelled wrong.

Who cares!

Who cares? The spelling police on DCP. Guess that makes them feel better about my posts?

I've got 3 shows coming up in the next week and I dont plan on posting anything until I get home OR in rebuttal to something posted that DIDN'T happen.........

As you can see in the individual threads about corps, there is a lot of perceived negativity on DCP and it is stopping a lot of good, civil discussions - IMHO.

• Like 5

I will be live-tweeting/reviewing tonight's show in Oceanside, CA, but I doubt I will assemble them all into a coherent post for DCP. Then again, coherence doesn't seem to be required here, so... :music:

Who cares!

While I don't compliment posters enough for their reviews (not so good on my part)...I do enjoy to read all of them...I would hope that there are more people out there that truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Unfortunately, the few detractors that decide to rip apart your reviews ruin it for the rest of us that truly WANT to read them. I personally could could care less about typos, misspellings, and phone glitches...I'm reading for GREAT CONTENT!

• Like 1

I'll be writing reviews of what shows I get to.