agreed. I recall quite the stir on these forums last year with their guards poor decorum during finals retreat. I always hate to see a group getting the, "they had a wonderful performance...but" comments. Being a competitor means a whole hell of a lot more than getting more points than another corps. Let's also not forget that respect is earned not given!

Before this gets completely out of hand, as it usually does in this silly place, let me just say that if in fact the Tenor Line from the Hurricanes had their heels over a line, it was not in a blatant disrespect to Reading or any corps. I can assure you that because it was all the Corps' rookie's first show, and first retreat, it was unintentional. The days of defending territories and being hard-nosed in retreats are over...its a time for the crowd to see all the competitors on the field and give them their due recognition. I would appreciate any witch hunting from certain people on here to cease and desist, mainly because of the 17 posts you have made while a member of this site, the majority have been on how horrible the Hurricanes organization is and how unprofessional they are. You obviously have a beef, but as we move forward I suggest you do too.

The Hurricanes have taken great strides to increase the positive awareness of our Corps this year. Please leave personal vendettas at the door....this is a wonderful group of hard working performers trying to do something magnificent. Thanks!

With that said, we will now fly back under the radar.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by brassinstructor
  • Like 3

Here's something positive about the show and a corps behavior that just blew me away. As the Bucs were doing their encore performance, MBI members were up in the stands as a group watching. The members of the Bucs really appreciated seeing them there. I love the competitive rivalry between the corps and the staff of MBI is awesome.

I wish we had more time to get to know each other. Thank you for being such a classy organization.

Lois

• Like 3

Ditto what Lois said. It was great reconnecting with our friends from St. Paul! Thanks, Eric Molho & team, for stopping by to say hi and for sharing your stories with us!

• Like 2

I would appreciate any witch hunting from certain people on here to cease and desist, mainly because of the 17 posts you have made while a member of this site, the majority have been on how horrible the Hurricanes organization is and how unprofessional they are. You obviously have a beef, but as we move forward I suggest you do too.

You know, rather than blasting the guy for calling out something your corps did, and obviously has a history of doing, you might think about figuring out why this sort of thing keeps coming up over and over. Once you've done that, figure out what your corps has to do to stop these incidents, and then, you know, actually stop it.

Killing the messenger might satisfy you in the short term, but it will do nothing to help you solve the long term issue at play.

Sidebar: I'll be you dollars to donuts that the members of the Buccaneers didn't even notice the Hurc's slight (intentional or not). I also suspect that if they did, they either didn't care or laughed it off quietly.

• Like 5

You know, rather than blasting the guy for calling out something your corps did, and obviously has a history of doing, you might think about figuring out why this sort of thing keeps coming up over and over. Once you've done that, figure out what your corps has to do to stop these incidents, and then, you know, actually stop it.

Killing the messenger might satisfy you in the short term, but it will do nothing to help you solve the long term issue at play.

Sidebar: I'll be you dollars to donuts that the members of the Buccaneers didn't even notice the Hurc's slight (intentional or not). I also suspect that if they did, they either didn't care or laughed it off quietly.

peek.gif

That's about as direct and to the point one can get.

Edited by androidx2

You people live for confrontation, and it is sad. The issues are non issues. There is no history of this. You see, this Corps you see on the field this year has over 90% new members joining last year and this year, and has no knowledge of anything negative that has happened in the past. Our amazing design team along with our accomplished education team has done a fantastic job keeping the Corps moving forward and not losing a step.

I can assure you the new administration and management within the Hurricanes organization have things well in hand. Thank you for your concern, however. It really does mean a lot to us that you have put thought into how our Corps is or should be run. Message me your address so I can send you a 2012 Tour T-shirt to wear at the shows while you cheer on this dedicated and hard working group of people. Its on the house.

The Hurricanes are excited to bring to stadiums our 2012 production of "Blokes & Birds" and we look forward to working hard and performing for audiences for the rest of the summer.

The rest of this nonsense is arm-chair Monday morning drum corps, and is precisely why we advise our members and staff against commenting and feeding the trolls.

Have a great season everyone! Make sure to cheer on the Hurcs and everyone else...they are an amazing group of performers!

• Like 1

Thank you for your concern, however. It really does mean a lot to us that you have put thought into how our Corps is or should be run. Message me your address so I can send you a 2012 Tour T-shirt to wear at the shows while you cheer on this dedicated and hard working group of people. Its on the house.

This lesson in public relations brought to you by Bob Glover. In the words of the great philosopher Yoda: "That is why you fail."

• Like 3

This lesson in public relations brought to you by Bob Glover. In the words of the great philosopher Yoda: "That is why you fail."

I offered you a free shirt. Why are you mad? That's pretty good PR if you ask me, but only if you wear it!

Thanks for the great reviews everyone! (Since that is what this was about, yes?)

• Like 2

I offered you a free shirt. Why are you mad? That's pretty good PR if you ask me, but only if you wear it!

Not mad at all, quite the contrary. I find this whole exchange amusing. I'll take a pass on the shirt. I pretty much only wear shirts from places I marched or taught.

peek.gif

That's about as direct and to the point one can get.

oh no, he can be far more blunt and direct

:tongue: