Shows with just a few corps?

I don't how many fans they had for that DCI show with 4 World Class Div. Corps. I do know DCA had an estimated 4500 fans for their show in Bridgeport, Connecticut over the weekend despite oppressive heat and humidity there they told me. It was one of their largest crowds in their annual show there in several years. Tickets were 10 bucks for most of the seats.

I believe we'll see DCI and DCA merge some day. Maybe not right away. But its inevitable it seems to me. The Cadets foray into DCA with their new Corps was a harbinger of things to come, imo. The Cadets organization can see where this is all going some day and are out front on it now, in my view. But who knows, we'll just have to see.

Tickets were JUST $5 BUCKS...not $10!

This included 6 TOP 12 corps from finals last year AND 4 Alumni corps! It was a GREAT show...I haven't been to DCA show since 2009 Championships and I really had such a great time.

they had 5 buck tickets.......a way for a failing town festival to regain some support and make the show affordable...this is the 2nd year they did this

They did have a local corporate sponsor donate $30K as well...There was a special presentation for that...

Well, you can see Thunder, OreCrusaders, Cascades, Blue Knights, and Boston Crusaders tonight in Boise, Idaho for as little as $15 ($10 I think, if you go early for Cascade's clinic). I would spend that in a heartbeat...(especially considering I just spent $9 for a movie matinee the other day!). DCI is much better entertainment imo!

• Like 1

what i dont understand is DCI's logic for passing over spokane, wa when the corps were on their way to boise? Spokane is a town that the Thunder calls home, but no show. Not this year, not last year.... If DCI is wanting to grow its fanbase; why pass over a hometown that should be having a show..?

what i dont understand is DCI's logic for passing over spokane, wa when the corps were on their way to boise? Spokane is a town that the Thunder calls home, but no show. Not this year, not last year.... If DCI is wanting to grow its fanbase; why pass over a hometown that should be having a show..?

DCI doesn't host regular shows on tour; a local sponsor has to come up with the organization and $$ to host a "DCI-Sanctioned" show. For example, I attended the show in Fort Edward, NY last weekend which was hosted by the Glen's Falls Lions Club. The next night, there was a show in Lynn, MA hosted by the Beverly Cardinals Alumni. Chances are good that both of these groups had the workers and $$ to accomplish this.

The upfront costs for a DCI show to the sponsor can be between $20,000 and $50,000.....alot of money for a local sponsor, to be sure.

They did have a local corporate sponsor donate $30K as well...There was a special presentation for that...

plus the support of the stadium Im sure....Im sure they dont have to pay alot due to its a city thing. Makes for a great and cheap night for the spectators. Hopefully the festival will continue to be backed by generous bakers

Edited by GUARDLING