1999 Boston Crusaders is DCI DVD Spotlight of the Week

Question: at 4:39-4:30 on the Fan Network video, there is a faint, breathy wolf-whistle. (This is just before the "Presto" from Arnold's English Dances concludes.) Is that whistle part of the show, or is it the audience?

Anyone out there know about this?

Anyone out there know about this?

It's funny...I must have listened/watched the 99 video of BAC at least 100 times already and I missed that...I think it's someone in the audience that got picked up on the microphone honestly doing a bad rendition of "the pretty girl whistle sound" here...I don't think that there would really be a purpose musically right there for that sound?...but I could be wrong...I think this question is best answered by someone who marched it and preferably someone from the percussion section I'd imagine.

Wasn't able to make it to Madison that year Mike, but for those who did, I equate it to New England Red Sox fans who visited parents/grandparents grave sites the next day after they won in 2004.

Should have mentioned above that I did make it to Maryland the next year. Bought tickets from Steve V., through a 'Sader I marched with, who usually buys a block of tickets. Made the decision in July and got the OK from the Mrs. who is not a D&BC devotee. All three days, I drove the 1.5 miles (rented a room in an on campus student house)to the stadium early afternoon and walked in a wide open gate. Wonder if those tickets would have value now. With Boston making top five for finals the anticipation of the live broadcast of the top five was exciting. There was a big jump in the audience buzz.

Edited by Ghost

Should have mentioned above that I did make it to Maryland the next year. Bought tickets from Steve V., through a 'Sader I marched with, who usually buys a block of tickets. Made the decision in July and got the OK from the Mrs. who is not a D&BC devotee. All three days, I drove the 1.5 miles (rented a room in an on campus student house)to the stadium early afternoon and walked in a wide open gate. Wonder if they would have value now. With Boston making top five for finals the anticipation of the live bradcast of the top five was exciting. There was a big jump in the audience buzz.

That was 2000. I had almost forgotten about making the top five being a huge deal because of the live broadcast. What was the last year for the live PBS broadcast?

1993 was the last live, unedited PBS broadcast, if I remember right. Starting in '94 was highlight packages tape-delayed on PBS, then ESPN2 highlights in 2005 and 2006, then theater/streaming since 2007.

But in 2000 I remember Mars Music sponsoring a live webcast - I camped out at my office to watch that night as they had a cable modem and I was still on dialup at the time... :ph34r:

Mike

...then theater/streaming since 2007.

I think the QuarterFinals cine-cast started in 2004; I know I saw it that year.

I love that show!

There's a sabre toss at the end of the show that goes into the stratosphere (done by the blonde guard guy)!

/Edited for atrocious grammar.

Does anyone have a guess as to what the toss actually was? A "15?" A "17?" I don't believe I've seen another toss like it since the '99 show. Regarding the lad who made that sabre toss, is he still involved in the activity? I don't know if that particular toss can be taught. A remarkable moment in DCI nonetheless.

Does anyone have a guess as to what the toss actually was? A "15?" A "17?" I don't believe I've seen another toss like it since the '99 show. Regarding the lad who made that sabre toss, is he still involved in the activity? I don't know if that particular toss can be taught. A remarkable moment in DCI nonetheless.

It sucks that the cameras missed that!

The camera followed it up and back down.

But it went out of view is what I meant...