Other Corps please fill spots with Teal Sound members!

We have some brass holes looking to fill at Revolution Drum and Bugle corps in San Antonio, TX. Money should NOT be an issue! If anyone is interested or knows someone that is... please contact me ASAP 813-486-6874

Edited by Rifuarian

As Revolution's Drill Writer, I can tell you we have approximately 4 Brass spots available, they are in the trumpet and mello sections.

We do already have a tentative Baritone member for our last low brass hole, but we're happy to talk to any low brass musicians to discuss other opportunities as well.

(Trumpets are a lot lighter than tubas) ;)

We have spoken with several Teal Members directly, and are working hard to ensure they get to complete their season either with our ensemble or someone else's.

There is also discussion about sending a van or some sort of transport to bring a group of members so they don't have to feel like a "loner" coming in to the new group.

I told the director this morning that I will re-write the drill if I have to.

We're already 90% full of our original instrumentation of 32Br/20G/14Bat/10P...

GIVE ME A REASON TO WRITE MORE DOTS!!!!

But if you're a Teal Sound or Racine Scouts member, we would be happy to welcome you with open arms.

Please don't hesitate to contact either myself, or the corps administration directly

I'm also the guy working on building the new website, so please be kind about it's sparse nature at this stage of the game.

Teaching the members is higher on the priority list ;)

Come finish your summer!!

Michael "Big Mack" McGlothlin

Visual Designer

Revolution Drum and Bugle Corps

Good to hear you are willing to rewrite drill if needed to enlarge the corps for these members. Hopefully there are other corps willing to do the same and those kids that want to march somewhere can.

I had a corps fold on me in late winter 1983 and that was the worst summer because I had nothing to do, so I hope these kids get to go somewhere.

Rifuarian;

While I can appreciate the sentiment, that's the "Old" Revolution.

The only people here that were a part of that debacle are members.

Yes, kids actually came back after that.

We're an entirely new Administration, and Educational Staff.

"Money should NOT be an issue"

Means:

The Busses are paid for.

Before we even LEAVE on tour!!

What would it cost us to bring an extra kid along for the ride?

Especially if it's their age-out?

Very Very little.

All they would have to pay for is their under-armour, compression shorts, shako, and plume.

The staff contracts are all signed

Designers have been paid

Several public performances have gone over very well

nightly run-throughs are getting tighter every day

The Food is better than I ever ate at Glassmen, BD, or Phantom

The Kids are EXCEPTIONAL.

The Staff is Working remarkably well together, considering we're all new to each other as well.

Things are strong here, and we're chomping at the bit to get this show on the road!

This is not the same situation as 2011.

Glad to hear that. Thank you for being so up front. Sorry for my ignorance regarding the current situation, best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 5

How many of these, now, displaced members do think will actually swallow their pride and step down from world class to open class? In addition, from the few shows where they were competing, weren't they ahead of some of the world class corps that people are saying they should go to fill holes?

Just something to think about.

This process is already well under way.

Most age outs who want a spot will get one..... somewhere.

Just talked to the wife on Tour with Spirit. She's hearing that DCI is working to place as many Teal Sound (and hopefully, Racine Scouts) members as possible, especially the age-outs. Spirit might pick up a few members--I don't know much more than that.

So, yes it looks like things are happening.

• Like 1

Just talked to the wife on Tour with Spirit. She's hearing that DCI is working to place as many Teal Sound (and hopefully, Racine Scouts) members as possible, especially the age-outs. Spirit might pick up a few members--I don't know much more than that.

So, yes it looks like things are happening.

Its the least DCI can do, they should never have allowed them on the road!!!

• Like 2

How many of these, now, displaced members do think will actually swallow their pride and step down from world class to open class? In addition, from the few shows where they were competing, weren't they ahead of some of the world class corps that people are saying they should go to fill holes?

Just something to think about.

Except for Surf (who Teal beat at one show), they haven't gone head to head with any of these other corps this season. Here are the latest standings:

18) Jersey Surf - 66.60

19) Pac Crest - 66.20

20) Teal Sound - 65.50

21) Mandarins - 64.35

22) Pioneer- 56.85

23) Cascades - 53.90

Edited by skajerk