Other Corps please fill spots with Teal Sound members!

I think all of us have heard various stories over the years about corps helping each other out in times of distress. From lending busses and corps trucks, to providing meals, to lending equipment, to sharing housing sites, etc. Even though corps “compete” against each other, this activity really is a large extended family. When something as catastrophic (for the kids involved) as this happens, seeing the response from the extended “family” is really heartwarming.

Yes, there will be a lot of finger pointing down the road, but seeing other crops reach out to these kids and staff agreeing to do re-write drills to accommodate more kids is wonderful. These are the kind of lessons that all of the young people in the activity are really learning about what’s important in our world today. Well done all!

According to legit sources:

Glassmen 10 [source coming from that picture]

According to DCP Forums and a friend who's been texting his friends in TS:

2 ageouts [both guard captains] are heading to Colts

1 contra to Crown

One of the moms mentioned in another thread that at least 2 more are going to Colts now

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 1

As a mom of one of these Kids from Teal Sound, I have to say thank you to all the corps out there who are taking our kids in. The hurt that I hear in my sons voice when I talk to him is heartbreaking. I hope that all these kids, who want to continue their season, are able to find spots. Onward and Upward is what I am telling my son.

• Like 5

Dear Teal Sound Mom,

As corps parents, our hearts bleed for your kids. From age-outs to rookies, we hope all of the kids bounce back from this and have another chance to fulfill their corps dreams.

(Also, not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but I noticed a posting on TS's facebook from Academy looking to fill a couple spots)

• Like 1

:spitting: well someone's summer is about to get a lot more exciting!

Unless he's running the met...

Come on, it had to be said! Seriously, I hope as many Teal Sound members find a place to march this summer. I saw their bass line at a couple of shows and those guys were good!

looks like 10 members found a home at Glassmen!thumbup.gif

582142_10100750770142620_131108483_n.jpg

These kids look tanned and ready to hit the field running. Go get 'em kids!!

• Like 1

Unless he's running the met...

Come on, it had to be said! Seriously, I hope as many Teal Sound members find a place to march this summer. I saw their bass line at a couple of shows and those guys were good!

Well...no... it didn't.

Anyway there really is a tuba hole at Crown (due to injury I think). Jordan nailed it: that kid's a drumcorps lottery winner !

• Like 1

looks like 10 members found a home at Glassmen!thumbup.gif

582142_10100750770142620_131108483_n.jpg

Welcome Teal members. Spent many many hours as a volunteer working at G-West doing repairs. This is a great picture whoever took it... Thanks it kinda made me tear up.

Edited by baja
  • Like 2