What IF DCI Did This?

What IF...and I say IF IF IF...DCI in its entirety took ONE summer off. This would be for all organizations, no matter the financial situations, to regain financial stability and possibly even grow financially. If DCI is dying like some people are saying, would this be a solution to the problem? And if it is a solution to the problem, wouldn't you rather see DCI take a year off than collapse? I realize that it'll take a while for DCI to "collapse" (or maybe not :blink:), but do we not agree that going this route may cost corps just like Teal and Racine to do the same thing? Would this idea hurt DCI more than help?

Also, I only think it would be fair if they let the ageouts march the year after.

I for one would hate to see a year without drum corps, and so would the majority of DCI fans. This is just a wild and radical suggestion to bring up. I realize that I may receive many reds. :shutup:

Edited by kaseyW
  • Like 4

Yeah yeah yeah...

they would have to let anyone that were to ageout march the next year. I know that next year is my last year to be able to and if they said they were taking a year off and i couldnt march the next year id be ######.

You reminded me that I was going to put that as something DCI would allow.

how do you envision a summer without drum corps helping DCI?

Because it would be a year that drum corps could start saving instead of spending.

And I like I said before - it's a very radical suggestion. Plus some corps like the Blue Devils and Cadets might hurt from this more than help.

Edited by kaseyW

how do you envision a summer without drum corps helping DCI?

phLiJKuMnpwdv91wPXQ7czA4o1_400.jpg

PS: I don't think it would help at all; what's above is food for thought. An entire season without junior corps would be miserable for all who love this great activity. Can you imagine the angst of those who want to march wondering if it would come back? Youth is angst-filled enough as it already is without adding another unknown to the confusion of growing up.

As for me, I'd have to blog local yard sales to have something to do, and that would probably land me in the local facility with vertical bars that I could pretend were yard lines.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1