Blue Devils on top...really?

Clean wins. Crown will be sloppy in comparison for the rest of the year even though they have that sweet horn sound.

I literally just watched the VOD from the Fan Network of the Cadets and Blue Devils shows side by side from the Championships in Indy last year. Blue Devils were MUCH cleaner, in my opinion (drill and music), but Cadets still won. Then I saw this post, and it was a perfect opportunity to talk about that. Last year, when I watched both shows, I actually liked the Cadets show more than Blue Devils. However, just now, watching both of those shows from 2011 again, for some reason I like the Blue Devils more than Cadets. And again, you have to watch them, Blue Devils were much cleaner but still didn't win. Also, I liked the Blue Devils whole show design, idea, general effect, you name it, better.

• Like 6

Clean didn't win last year. I loved Cadets, and thought they were a deserving champion, but by no means where they the cleanest corps. Especially in vis.

You beat me to it.

• Like 1

You can't argue with clean. So until anyone can execute their show better than they can, get use to seeing them dominate.

Scatter walking to sets is hard to make dirty though... hehehehehehehehehehehehe :w00t:

All in good fun. :laughing:

• Like 3

Maybe it was the echo in the rafters I heard in 2009 when they got booed at Finals after winning.

By some, certainly not by all. Much like the Yankees get booed. Doesn't mean they aren't good, just means fans of other teams don't like them. And that's cool.

I just got back from Rockford. It was a great show, but the lowlight for me was the Blue Devils show. In my opinion, it was by far the least audience engaging show of the night. They went on first, and I liked all the shows that followed better. And the the judges put them in first by a comfortable margin? I understand they are an extremely talented group of kids, but aren't the new scoring sheets supposed to reward entertaining and engaging the audience? They sounded like they were back to bleeps and blops which the judges apparently still eat up. Play a frickin melody that will leave me humming to myself after the show.

My only other gripe is that there were no 'instant encores' this year at this TOC event. Disappointing. Guess the corps wanted to get out of there. Long drive ahead of them.

Otherwise, the show was great. Great venue. Nice summer evening. Phantom was great. Also enjoyed the Cadets much more than I thought I would.

Earlier in one of the Open Class threads (I think it was either the one referencing OC here on the WC), someone mentioned how SCVC going on 1st and BDB going on last was a disadvantage, and that time slot did make a difference in scoring. But it appears with BD going on first, a theory of that nature can be put to rest. No?

I'm not the biggest BD fan, saw the show a couple weeks ago and not a fan, but yes, the group is placing well because they are executing what they have very well. The aesthetics may not be our cup of tea (when I say our, I'm not speaking for everyone, rather those that don't fancy the show), but what they have put on the field is being reflected in the scores.

K, enough playing [blue] devil's advocate. I have to take a cold shower now hahahahaha!

I agree 100%. I used to love BD back when they payed jazz. Now I cant stand them...& either can most fans. I also agree with you about Garfield. 12.25 is already one of my all time favorite shows.

Either can most fans? If three hundred people in a row told you they didn't like blue devils, that wouldn't amount to a fraction of folks who had an opinion......credibility now shot.

G

• Like 1

Either can most fans? If three hundred people in a row told you they didn't like blue devils, that wouldn't amount to a fraction of folks who had an opinion......credibility now shot.

G

Actually CNN would call the election

• Like 1