Anyone know status of VK?

They're a DCI Open Class corps that chose not to tour themselves into oblivion.

You can't bemoan the state of Teal Sound and then come down on another corps for NOT doing a Teal Sound...or would you rather lose them??

You misunderstood my rhetorical question: It was "not" that VK did a short tour (which I agree with if it was based on sound financial decisions), it was that VK should not be compared to a DCA corps when VK is a DCI Open Class corps.

According to their schedule, they had 5 shows this year. Does anyone know if that is correct?

That is A LOT of work (and fees) for only 5 shows!!

Well, it depends how much they charged or didn't charge for their season this year. This kind of statement is just assumption unless you had a copy of the member contract saying that the fees were $X for X amount of the season.

Not trying to be a knucklehead but ya know this makes three corps this year. And nothing new on the horizon.

This isn't really quite the same. Teal Sound and Racine Scouts folded (at least for the year) suddenly. Both typically run full seasons ending in Indy. This isn't so much with VK. Them not making the trip isn't uncommon for them. The way you phrase your statement, you make it sound like you think VK is gone for good. That seems highly unlikely. If they've got the resources to put an alumni corps together, I think they have enough to return next year.

• Like 3

Was VK up front with members early in the season about not attending finals? It would be awful to join a corps with the impression that you are going to Indy and then find out in the summer that you are not.

Are other corps from California that are attending finals giving VK members the opportunity to end the season in Indy?

From what I understand and was told it was definitely a sound financial decision.

You should PM the director, or email her, as I did, and she will be glad to answer any questions or concerns

VK WILL be back in 2013 :thumbup:

• Like 1

I am glad that they made the decision to not make the trip if it is in the best interest of the organization. Good fiscal responsibility on the part of VK. I just feel for the members if they joined under the impression that they were going to championships. I hope they were able to find other homes to finish out the season.

• Like 1

It could not have been too early in the season if they were on the DCI website for Indianapolis.

quote name='Jeremy Denzer' timestamp='1342803505' post='3178386']

Was VK up front with members early in the season about not attending finals? It would be awful to join a corps with the impression that you are going to Indy and then find out in the summer that you are not.

Are other corps from California that are attending finals giving VK members the opportunity to end the season in Indy?

Seems like they decided not to go to Indy. Talked to some of the members in SoCal. Great group, and wish them the best.