Grandpa

DCI drumline videos with girls in the line

58 posts in this topic

This year (and last year), Spirit of Atlanta has a girl on tenor, bass, and cymbals. Last year, it was an all girl cymbal line of 5.

This video features them demonstrating crashes and there are some "action" clips near the end of the video that probably fit what you're looking for.

2 people like this

BD has one this year as well.

I'm putting together a little video montage for an open house. I want to show a short clip of each section of the drumline and then something that puts it all together. I especially want any girls in the audience to feel like this is something they can do too, so I would like to find good quality, shorter clips of sectionals with at least one girl in the line.

So far I've found a great clip of Surf's tenor line, and another of Legends bass with girls on 1, 2 and 3 doing an amazing job. Snare and cymbals have been a little harder. Does anyone know of any good youtube clips that would fit the bill, please?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, these ladies are a little older. All DCI veterans, I'm pretty sure. Anyway, they're fun to watch:

Fred O.

1 person likes this

Crown has two girls on bass this year. Someone posted a close up hidef video from the stands at MN. I am pretty sure they show up in there somewhere. Check the YouTube links on the last couple pages in their thread.

I remember seeing a video of an all-girl bass drum line for SCV winter drum line. I think there is even an interview where they talk about how proud they are to be an all girl line and hope to show ofther young ladies that they can do this.

1 person likes this

'04 BK we had 2 girls on snareline.

'09 SCV had a girl on bass 1 (super short compared to everyone else) and I believe one on snare.

Great thread and great to see how many young women are participating in and leading drum lines! :thumbup:

1 person likes this

I know that Surf's bassline is 4 of 5 female. Only bass 5 is male. Also, Bridgemen alumni has 2 basses and one tenor that are female. And young! One of the bass girls is 15, the tenor is 17. I will look for video...

Ok, having trouble finding close-up vids of Surf, but here's a good one of Bridgemen Alumni... Tenor, Basses 2 and 3...

And here's another performance with a closer look...