fatbrassboy

Something light and fun on this tragic day

26 posts in this topic

Not to dilute the tragedy in Colorado at all, but to provide something light-hearted and frivolous to counter the mood today. At the Show of Shows in Rockford, an alumni provided Chinese fans to folks around her to keep cool and show support for the Regiment. Others have been brainstorming since then...maybe wearing chopsticks in the ladies' hair to keep up buns or putting temporary Chinese tattoos on our cheeks? Other ideas?

Not to dilute the tragedy in Colorado at all, but to provide something light-hearted and frivolous to counter the mood today. At the Show of Shows in Rockford, an alumni provided Chinese fans to folks around her to keep cool and show support for the Regiment. Others have been brainstorming since then...maybe wearing chopsticks in the ladies' hair to keep up buns or putting temporary Chinese tattoos on our cheeks? Other ideas?

go for a jog.

1 person likes this

How about serving some authentic Chinese food...these are pictures my daughter took at an outdoor market in Beijing when she lived in China... :tongue:

Weirdfoodinbeijing2.jpg

BugsinBeijing1.jpg

Others have been brainstorming since then...maybe wearing chopsticks in the ladies' hair to keep up buns or putting temporary Chinese tattoos on our cheeks? Other ideas?

Are you... serious?

1 person likes this

How about serving some authentic Chinese food...these are pictures my daughter took at an outdoor market in Beijing when she lived in China... :tongue:

Weirdfoodinbeijing2.jpg

BugsinBeijing1.jpg

I might consider these delicacies, Mike but only after they get the bugs out of their enterprise.

I might consider these delicacies, Mike but only after they get the bugs out of their enterprise.

LOL!!!!!

:thumbup:

This little lady seems to like them... :tongue:

Weirdfoodinbeijing3.jpg

1 person likes this

Mike, that's a health inspector's nightmare!

Garry in Vegas

Mike, that's a health inspector's nightmare!

Garry in Vegas

That is...if they actually HAD health inspectors in China!

It is actually an open-air market in Beijing. I have some other pics of equally as 'ewwwy' stuff-they-call-food my daughter took in 2011.

My daughter just came back from 18 days in Japan...one thing she did eat was an octopus-on-a-stick with a quail egg inserted into its head... :blink:

Are you... serious?

Um...yes. Same idea as wearing a t-shirt from your favorite corps. Just a way to show some spirit and have fun. You know, like throwing kabuki's at the end of the show? PR fans are all about support. Are you?

That is...if they actually HAD health inspectors in China!

It is actually an open-air market in Beijing. I have some other pics of equally as 'ewwwy' stuff-they-call-food my daughter took in 2011.

My daughter just came back from 18 days in Japan...one thing she did eat was an octopus-on-a-stick with a quail egg inserted into its head... :blink:

cool... but here's where we probably DON'T need any future pics Mike for illustration. It's ok, no pics, Mike... NO PICS of your daughter eating the Beijing multiple fish concoction on her stick to be submitted on DCP, ok ?

Edited by BRASSO
1 person likes this