Colts, Troopers

Wrong, both corps will be making semis this year! I just don't see Pacific Crest pulling ahead and SCV B, BDB and Oregon Crusaders won't make it into the top 17 this year. Don't be surprised if both Troopers and Colts manage to pull ahead of Academy at the very least. Both of these corps have a great staff and more of a history of being able to change their shows to maximize scores at the end of the year!

I agree both will make semis but only because top 25 are in semis. From all accounts at least 3 of the Open corps have better design. Pacific Crest will be ahead of them

• Like 1

I agree both will make semis but only because top 25 are in semis. From all accounts at least 3 of the Open corps have better design. Pacific Crest will be ahead of them

Wrong. I respectfully believe that both Colts and Troop have the horses to move up into the top 17 and the Open corps will be at least 3-4 points behind them! :thumbup:

• Like 3

I love Troop, but their show this year doesn't cut it. You could call their show Willy Wonka and it would make more sense.

• Like 2

You don't find it a coincidence that the Colts started out very much in the thick of the 10-14 pack and then suddenly flattened out in progress? I believe their load of injuries and new members gave them an obstacle they had to rush to temporarily redesign around. I think I counted 8 mellos in Chambersburg, after a much fuller section prior to that - and that small section still was able to carry its own. The longer the time lapses after those holes have been filled, the greater their rate of improvement will return. One can see that there was some greater overall design and theme built around the soloist, but circumstances seem that they have taken the very professional decision to not compound anyone's injuries. Yes, it would be nice to see the soloist incorporated more into the design by Indy- individually echoing the mello and bari runs, moving in counterpoint during the ballad and transitions, only to become part of the company front during the closer. So, as you can see, they have more options open to them to make those types of improvements and I would expect a surge in the next few weeks to solidify or improve their position.

You don't find it a coincidence that the Colts started out very much in the thick of the 10-14 pack and then suddenly flattened out in progress? I believe their load of injuries and new members gave them an obstacle they had to rush to temporarily redesign around. I think I counted 8 mellos in Chambersburg, after a much fuller section prior to that - and that small section still was able to carry its own. The longer the time lapses after those holes have been filled, the greater their rate of improvement will return. One can see that there was some greater overall design and theme built around the soloist, but circumstances seem that they have taken the very professional decision to not compound anyone's injuries. Yes, it would be nice to see the soloist incorporated more into the design by Indy- individually echoing the mello and bari runs, moving in counterpoint during the ballad and transitions, only to become part of the company front during the closer. So, as you can see, they have more options open to them to make those types of improvements and I would expect a surge in the next few weeks to solidify or improve their position.

No I think they were in the pack early because no one else was developed. Now that they are I do not think they will pass anyone and will get passed. I honestly think Troopers will be in front of them. The members seem to be doing pretty well. Look at the design numbers especially in visual.

No I think they were in the pack early because no one else was developed. Now that they are I do not think they will pass anyone and will get passed. I honestly think Troopers will be in front of them. The members seem to be doing pretty well. Look at the design numbers especially in visual.

So, I admit that I have never marched drum corp, am not a musician, and have had a steep learning curve with all of this. But I have seen the Colts show several times either live or through Fan Network several times since early July and the show has absolutely gotten better (and I don't know anything about anything and could tell it has gotten better). It's also won the crowd over with genuine standing ovations (not just the you are the home crowd and all their parents are present ones). Yet their scores have stayed almost completely the same (and gone down several times) in that same time frame.

So, do they get judged as themselves or as compared to other corps, because I'll be honest, the scoring isn't making a whole lot of sense to me (especially when I see other groups making just as many mistakes and their scores still go up). I mean I saw several members of the Troopers in San Antonio flat out fall down on the field and they barely scored below the Colts.

Whether or not they truly have a good enough design (even perfectly executed) to make it to finals, I have no idea. But their lack of scoring progress I find just baffling.

-Renee (just a spectator)

So, I admit that I have never marched drum corp, am not a musician, and have had a steep learning curve with all of this.

I mean I saw several members of the Troopers in San Antonio flat out fall down on the field and they barely scored below the Colts.

I was at San Antonio as well. I don't remember seeing several members of the Troopers falling down. Or are you talking about the guard members doing a move where they purposely fall to the ground?

So, I admit that I have never marched drum corp, am not a musician, and have had a steep learning curve with all of this. But I have seen the Colts show several times either live or through Fan Network several times since early July and the show has absolutely gotten better (and I don't know anything about anything and could tell it has gotten better). It's also won the crowd over with genuine standing ovations (not just the you are the home crowd and all their parents are present ones). Yet their scores have stayed almost completely the same (and gone down several times) in that same time frame.

So, do they get judged as themselves or as compared to other corps, because I'll be honest, the scoring isn't making a whole lot of sense to me (especially when I see other groups making just as many mistakes and their scores still go up). I mean I saw several members of the Troopers in San Antonio flat out fall down on the field and they barely scored below the Colts.

Whether or not they truly have a good enough design (even perfectly executed) to make it to finals, I have no idea. But their lack of scoring progress I find just baffling.

The Colts are very young and had several injuries and fills from Teal members that has had a momentary setback in music and visual as they bring the new members up to speed, unfortunately taking time from cleaning and adding. They are a class group. They'll get on track. At the very least, with a healthy crop returning next season, they'll be dynamite.

I agree, but I am a little bias with my son marching Colts. But I cant comprehend what I am seeing logically. First of all with how often their score moves up and down. I dont see other corps scores dropping as much as the Colts does. You look at their score on 7/3 it was 70.66 and last night it was 72.15. Really? So in the last 3 weeks they pretty much have not improved. I don't get it. Is it that the kids can't clean up the show? Is it the corps has not evolved the show for them enough to raise their score? If your answer is the former I can't believe that the members can't clean it up in 3 weeks more than a point and a half. I also see other corps still working on cleaning up their show, but thier score is improving. They are young? What does that mean? Does it mean that they are unable to clean a show or improve from one night to the next? I understand that they can be inconsistent, but even with that being said even with inconsistency you have improvement. I guess I just don't get it at all. I could see if there was many other corps that are having the same problem with thier scores plateauing, but I dont see this being the case, I only see this with the Colts. Help me understand this more. Go Red Team!!!

Edited by DCI_DAD

As have all corps.