Colts, Troopers

I agree, but I am a little bias with my son marching Colts. But I cant comprehend what I am seeing logically. First of all with how often their score moves up and down. I dont see other corps scores dropping as much as the Colts does. You look at their score on 7/3 it was 70.66 and last night it was 72.15. Really? So in the last 3 weeks they pretty much have not improved. I don't get it. Is it that the kids can't clean up the show? Is it the corps has not evolved the show for them enough to raise their score? If your answer is the former I can't believe that the members can't clean it up in 3 weeks more than a point and a half. I also see other corps still working on cleaning up their show, but thier score is improving. They are young? What does that mean? Does it mean that they are unable to clean a show or improve from one night to the next? I understand that they can be inconsistent, but even with that being said even with inconsistency you have improvement. I guess I just don't get it at all. I could see if there was many other corps that are having the same problem with thier scores plateauing, but I dont see this being the case, I only see this with the Colts. Help me understand this more. Go Red Team!!!

Yes, I agree they have had some unfortunate scoring breaks - performing immediately behind BD in 3 consecutive shows before Minneapolis - roughly the point their plateau began - can have that effect. Also, their early starts can also have an impact, even if only indirectly. Remember however, they have 12 new members that are trying to not only fill the spaces of other experienced members that were unable to continue, but those new members must learn a show and also to learn it at a pace that keeps a competetive pace. No, age does not necesarily preclude the ability to clean; but, it does help, not to mention speak to the experience level some of the more successful corps have in being able to do so more quickly,as well as their additional years of musical experience. Do not lose heart however, the Colts are in a position to have the ability to make substantial improvements over the next few weeks. Their "little engine that could" approach and that closer have crowd after crowd after crowd on their feet. Over time, they have the ability and potential to do that throughout the whole show.

I was at San Antonio as well. I don't remember seeing several members of the Troopers falling down. Or are you talking about the guard members doing a move where they purposely fall to the ground?

Both Brass players (1 a tuba and other I can't tell from the video). 3:41:19 in and 3:41:50 in on the stream. Very clear that neither was intentional (re-watched to make sure I wasn't imagining things). Not trying to embarrass the performers in anyway, just pointing out that it is hard for me to logically process such a small difference in score with what I would consider to be very big mistakes.

-Renee

I agree all corps have improved, but all other corps scores have also gone up.

-Renee

Cleaning will help. which is why they are likely going up and down with the addition of new members. Design issues can not be overcome this late. Hopefully they can resolve those issues in the off season. Being in the 20's positions is not the end of the world but will make it tough to attract vetrans and older musicians

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaning will help. which is why they are likely going up and down with the addition of new members. Design issues can not be overcome this late. Hopefully they can resolve those issues in the off season. Being in the 20's positions is not the end of the world but will make it tough to attract vetrans and older musicians

After Allentown results, i think Colts will end up 23rd on Thursday, still on Friday but not with much breathing room.

Troopers and Pacific Crest moved ahead of Colts. Does anyone know the percentage of rookies in the Colts this year? I wish the design of the rest of the show was as effective as the closer. Hopefully, the corps can retain most of the membership for next year AND can have a great designed program. :rock:

After Allentown results, i think Colts will end up 23rd on Thursday, still on Friday but not with much breathing room.

I guess you're intentionally choosing to ignore their 4 previous scores and multiple "rankings", each with different panels. Fascinating... I think OC will be the only Open corps that moves deeper into the World ranks. I see Colts more likely 17-18.

Edited by 13strokeroll

Troopers and Pacific Crest moved ahead of Colts. Does anyone know the percentage of rookies in the Colts this year? I wish the design of the rest of the show was as effective as the closer. Hopefully, the corps can retain most of the membership for next year AND can have a great designed program. :rock:

Not sure of the actual number of rookies, but their average age is between 18 and 19. So, continued experience, continued improvement, and continued success.

Colts: The problem is not with the kids or how many rookies or the age of the corps.

The problem is with the staff and their failure to properly teach and improve the performance level of the corps.

On top of that is a questionable show concept that is poorly designed.

When a corps fails to progress or falls backwards this late in the season, its a sign that they have given up. And that's not the kids fault, that's the staff. This staff has failed the kids.

• Like 1