Colts, Troopers

Regarding Colts, I haven't seen the show but maybe once this year through clips on DCI's website. Without analyzing scores, the only thing I can possibly think of that would cause this much of a shift is, as others have already mentioned, the fact they brought on so many displaced members from Teal Sound and it's taking a while to catch them up and integrate them into the show. I'm not knocking Teal or its current/former members and it certainly isn't the kids' fault. If nothing else, I think this season just further exemplifies the family bonding for which Colts have always been known. I don't know where Colts will end up in the standings, but I expect most of those Teal guys to stick around for 2013.

Bold prediction: I think next year will be equivalent of the jump Colts made from 92 to 93.

Edited by dciguy01

Bold prediction: I think next year will be equivalent of the jump Colts made from 92 to 93.

For that to happen, Colts would really need to clean house and change their mindset regarding staff and instruction. That means some feelings need to be hurt for the greater good. We'll see.

Next year is their 50th anniversary. It would be great to see them make a big jump and pop into finals. I find that there are a lot of people who are "silent" Colts fans who would love to see this corps get back into the mix.

For that to happen, Colts would really need to clean house and change their mindset regarding staff and instruction. That means some feelings need to be hurt for the greater good. We'll see.

Next year is their 50th anniversary. It would be great to see them make a big jump and pop into finals. I find that there are a lot of people who are "silent" Colts fans who would love to see this corps get back into the mix.

Agreed with both observations. Amazing esprit de corps, wonderful community presence, class organization, true youthful potential to make 8-12, a little adjusting to take the genius behind the last 2 minutes and expand it to the full show, long-term fan.

Really loved the Colts shows from 2007 - 2009. They just felt so different (in a good way) from what everyone else does. I know they've changed staff a lot since then, but they should revisit some similar source material. 2007's in my top 20 favorite shows ever.

In regards to someone who mentioned the age of Colts I must say PC this year is very young this year and a decent # of its more experienced members moved on to a few corps like Cavies and BD this season.

In regards to someone who mentioned the age of Colts I must say PC this year is very young this year and a decent # of its more experienced members moved on to a few corps like Cavies and BD this season.

Likewise with the Colts. It is both unfortunate that a fair crop of rookies "graduate" to the elite 8, but also a mark of those corps' excellence as educators. If that is their primary raison d'etre, I'd say they're the top of the heap.

Troopers and Pacific Crest moved ahead of Colts. Does anyone know the percentage of rookies in the Colts this year? I wish the design of the rest of the show was as effective as the closer. Hopefully, the corps can retain most of the membership for next year AND can have a great designed program. :rock:

I do know that Pacific Crest is all most all rookies this year, they have 5 age outs and 10 vets marching in their brass line this year. Well over 85% of the corps is high school students. They were deffeniately putting out the sound in Allentown.

• Like 1

From Facebook: (Seemed like as good a reply as any to this thread...)

COLTS FANS!!! We know we can rely on you! NEEDED: Well wishes for our final leg of the season. Please send all your positive thoughts and well wishes as they head into finals week to jwlennon830@gmail.com or crysj71@yahoo.com ! All will be posted on the cooktruck finals week. Lets PLASTER that truck this year!

I got to see this in action last year, and it was fantastic to watch kids come out to breakfast and find a wall of love waiting for them from all over the country from parents, fans, and random people. If you have enjoyed the shows from the Colts and/or The Colt Cadets this year and are proud of any kid who made it all the way to the end, please send a quick note to the addresses above. The Colts and Colt Cadets will be together for finals, and the notes for both will be mixed together and taped up on all sides the cook-truck for all to see at our housing site. Check out our facebook page next week for photos of this great tradition.

If they are able to introduce speed, better transition from form to form and staging rather than overuse of the BOA serpentine to set up the next set, grab the audience with the soloist, they will. Form to form made them SEEM far more disjointed than they actually were. This group has got the potential for top 12, staff as well as membership.