Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

one can be engaged and not entertained............the words have 2 different meanings

And of course, "engagement" is easily defined and measured. :lookaround:

Seems to me that no judge could tell if an audience is engaged but not entertained. You couldn't possibly know that. I think a judge could have a good idea if the audience is entertained.

• Like 1

Not feeling surfs show today like I did a week ago. Lots of overblowing and intonation problems in the brass =\

And of course, "engagement" is easily defined and measured. :lookaround:

Seems to me that no judge could tell if an audience is engaged but not entertained. You couldn't possibly know that. I think a judge could have a good idea if the audience is entertained.

why by applause? ..that can shift night to night,, region to region and could have nothing to do with being the best corps....maybe a judge has to go on if they were engaged also...after all they are in the audiance also but has many more considerations they have to take into account than the average person watching..they are bound by that

Pretty sure I just missed half of surfs ballad due to video skipping.

• Like 1

Restarting my feed as it skipped again during the closer and they were marching off the field.

While I am one that prefers the more artistic shows (like Phantoms this year ... and yes ... BD's), I also loved Surf's show. That was the first time I saw it. I do hope they continue to do really fun shows like that, and that they continue to do them better so more people pay attention to them. I don't want it at the expense of the awesome shows that PR or BD does, but I do want a bigger variety.