Ultimate Guide to the Atlanta Regional

I’ve done this thread the past several years and it seems to have been helpful. Below is information about the Atlanta Regional. If I forgot something important, let me know and feel free to send me a private message should you have any questions!

Tickets

The Georgia Dome Box Office has tickets separate from that of Ticketmaster which means they probably still have some great seats. If you are local and want tickets, I suggest going by and/or calling the Georgia Dome ticket office directly (404-223-8427). The ticket office is open from 9a-5p Monday-Friday and opens at 10am on show day.

Driving Directions to the Red Parking Deck ($10/day):

*** I recommend parking in the Red Deck versus the private lots that may charge more than $10; there is constant security patrol and it is well lit at night. Pre-purchase your pass to guarantee a spot at Pre-Paid Parking Pass(click on the link to purchase your pass). The Brown Lot and Orange Lot off Georgia Dome Drive are $10 and also remain secured and lit at night.

There are no conventions in town next door at the Congress Center and also no concerts or games at Philips Arena which will help with traffic/parking/hotel rooms.

From the Airport and the South:

Take I-75/85 North to the Andrew Young International Boulevard exit (Exit 248C). Turn left onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive. Cross Marietta Street and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

From the North:

Take I-75/85 South to Williams Street (Exit 249C). Turn right onto Baker Street. At first traffic light turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive. Follow Centennial Olympic Park Drive until you cross Marietta Street and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

From the West:

Take I-20 East to Spring Street (Exit 56B). Turn left onto Spring Street and then left on to Marietta Street. Turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

From the East:

Take I-20 West to Spring Street (Exit 56B). Turn right onto Spring Street and then left on to Marietta Street. Turn left onto Centennial Olympic Park Drive and go past CNN Center and the Philips Arena. Turn right onto Andrew Young International Boulevard. Parking in the GWCC Red Parking Deck will be on the right.

MARTA (rail)

From the North/South line, go to the Five Points station Downtown and transfer to the East/West line going West. Go one stop to the GWCC/Philips Arena/Dome stop. Check out www.itsmarta.com for rail maps/schedules/parking etc…

Where to Stay Overnight

There are several hotels Downtown, but some of these may be a little pricy. Send me a private message if you need advice on where to stay or have questions about the place you have already booked.

Where To Go Pre-Show for Food

1. Lots of food available in the Dome although it may be a bit pricey. If you have a seat on the Club Level there are some fantastic food options! Doors open at 12pm at either Gate B, C or Gate D.

2. CNN Center at Philips Arena – this is located across the street from the Dome and beside the Convention Center. Food Court has lots of options for fast food (Arbys, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, etc…).

a. Taco Mac – lots of TVs, over 135 beers on tap, menu include your typical bar fare with wings, sandwiches and Mexican options

b. Dantannas – also a full service restaurant at the CNN food court. It has a more extensive menu than Taco Mac and is a bit more expensive, but it is a step up. Warning, service can be a bit slow here sometimes!

3. Centennial Olympic Park & the Aquarium – just down International Blvd from the Dome (past Philips Arena and CNN on the other side of the Omni Hotel). If the weather is nice, this is a great park for a picnic.

a. Googie Burger – a restaurant inside Centennial Olympic Park – yummy burgers, fries, milkshakes and other sandwiches. If the weather is nice, I recommend this one!

b. On the backside of the Embassy Suites (opposite side from Marietta St. facing the park and the Aquarium – Peasant Bistro (full-service), Baja Express, Subway, an ice cream/coffee joint, Park Avenue Deli

4. Marietta Street Food Options:

a. STATS - kind of a high end sports bar, lots of TV's...very nice place...and huge..three floors! Food is a little bit more pricy than Taco Mac, but you are getting better food.

b. Rise – Sushi

c. Max’s – wood fire pizza joint – pretty good and reasonably priced

d. Der Biergarten –name says it all…German food and beer!

e. How to get here: Walk out of the Dome and go up the ramp to the Upper Gates to International Blvd. Walk down International Blvd between CNN and the Omni and take a left at Marietta St. Walk two blocks, all of the above restaurants are on the left...about a 10 min walk from the Dome.

5. No Mas Cantina (Mexican) - typical Mexican place and decent margaritas...nice outdoor seating with shade. Directions - Exit the Dome from the lower entrance at Gate D. Take a right onto Mangum St, cross over Mitchell St. (no traffic as this street is closed) and walk up to the first light at Chapel St. and take a left. At the next light, take a right onto Centennial Olypmic Park Drive/Walker Street. Walk past the new lofts on your left and through the next two lights, No Mas Cantina is on the next corner at Haynes St. It is about a 10-15 min walk. You may wonder where the heck you are walking to; this is in an area called Castleberry Hill which has a lot of artist galleries and is an up and coming part of the city.

6. If you want to drive to somewhere more unique, send me a private message; I know the area well and can help you pick something yummy!

Corps Housing (this will be updated as new info comes in, so check back often)

1. The Academy –

2. Blue Devils – Chattahoochee High School - 5230 Taylor Road Alpharetta GA 30022

3. Blue Knights –

4. Blue Stars –East Coweta High School - 400 Georgia 154 Sharpsburg, GA 30277-2317 (arrive 4AM Saturday)

5. Bluecoats – Woodland HS - 800 Moseley Drive Stockbridge, GA

6. Boston Crusaders – McEachern HS – 2400 New Macland Rd Powder Springs, GA 30127

7. Cadets – Dutchtown High School 149 Mitchell Road Hampton, GA 30228

8. Carolina Crown – Kell High School, 4770 Lee Waters Rd., Marietta, GA 30066

9. Cascades -

10. The Cavaliers – Salem HS – 3551 Underwood Rd Conyers, GA 30013

11. Colts – Sonoraville High School, 7340 Fairmount Highway, Calhoun, GA 30701

12. Crossmen – Adairsville High School 519 Old Hwy 41 Adairsville, GA 30103

13. Glassmen –

14. Jersey Surf -

15. Madison Scouts – West Forsyth HS, 4155 Drew Road, Cumming, GA 30040

16. Mandarins – Temple Middle School, 275 Rainey Road, Temple, GA 30179

17. Pacific Crest – Clear Creek Middle School 1020 Clear Creak Road, Ellijay, GA 30536

18. Phantom Regiment – Collins Hill HS 50 Taylor Road Suwanee, GA 30024-3695

19. Pioneer –

20. Santa Clara Vanguard – Flowery Branch High School - 6603 Spout Springs Rd Flowery Branch, GA 30542

21. Spirit of Atlanta – Ola High School 357 N Ola Rd. McDonough, GA 30252

22. Troopers – Luella High School, 603 Walker Dr., Locust Grove, GA 30248

Show Schedule

2:30 PM – Atlanta CV

2:47 PM – Pioneer

3:04 PM – Mandarins

3:21 PM – Jersey Surf

3:38 PM – Cascades

3:55 PM – Pacific Crest

4:12 PM – Intermission

4:29 PM – Colts

4:46 PM – Troopers

5:03 PM – Glassmen

5:20 PM – Crossmen

5:37 PM – The Academy

5:54 PM – Blue Knights

6:11 PM – Blue Stars

6:28 PM – Spirit of Atlanta

6:45 PM – Madison Scouts

7:02 PM – Intermission

7:53 PM – Boston Crusaders

8:10 PM – The Cavaliers

8:27 PM – The Cadets

8:44 PM – Bluecoats

9:01 PM – Santa Clara Vanguard

9:18 PM – Blue Devils

9:35 PM – Phantom Regiment

9:52 PM – Carolina Crown

10:12 PM – Awards Ceremony

FAQ’s

1. Where do we enter the Dome? Gates B, C and D will be the entrances open. One more gate than last year.

2. When do gates open? 12pm EST (hour and a half earlier than last year)

3. Where is Will Call & Ticket Sales located? Both are located between Gate D and Gate A on Georgia Dome Drive. Box office opens at 10AM on show day.

4. Where do the corps warm-up? All corps will be warming up in the Yellow Parking Lot which is located on the opposite side of the Dome from the entrance at Gate D off of Northside Drive & Ivan Allen Blvd. After warm-up, corps will enter the Dome through the Congress Center loading docks – you will NOT be able to walk with the corps in this area – highly secured.

5. Where will the Souvie Trailers be located? As in the past, souvies will be located inside the Dome on the Level 1 concourse.

Should be a fantastic show!!

Edited by chadwick
  • Like 6

Awesome! Regiment will be rehearsing close to my house again this year. Definitely going to take my 2 year old to watch them. :)

• Like 1

Updated with Crown, Troopers, Madison and Mandarins housing info. If anyone knows of some of the others that I do not, please share, thanks!

SCV is housed 5 minutes from my house and Madison 20 minutes...decisions, decisions...

I started attending this show back in 2006. That year, and in 2007, I attended as a fan and loved the show. 2008-last year I was volunteering with Spirit...on the field I might add :thumbup:

Seating: There are varied opinions on where to sit when in the Georgia Dome and there are obviously varied opinions on if it sounds "good" in a Dome. It all depends on personal preference and where you like to sit. Personally, I enjoy sitting towards the bottom so I can get my face blown off. But others may choose to sit up high. If you don't have your tickets yet, no need to worry. Sure, the 50-yard line tickets are the best, but in the Georgia Dome, your ticket can be on the 20-yard line and you'll still have a great view.

Corps Rehearsal Sites: Over the years, I've had an interesting time with this one. Last year I finally got lucky enough to find out exact details on a nearby rehearsal site and was able to catch Crossmen in Adairsville. However, it isn't always easy to catch who you want to see. If you want to go see ______ corps, I'd suggest going to their website and looking for the exact arrival times and even emailing the tour staff to see what they could tell you. Two years ago, we drove about an hour (from the City of Atlanta) to where we thought the Cascades were rehearsing. Pulled up at the high school and they were nowhere to be found. Turns out, most corps don't get to their housing site until the morning of the show. So...just a warning, check out the details before hand.

I'm looking forward to being in Atlanta this weekend again for this year's show...except I'm going to be in the lot which is also a very good idea. Hope everyone has a great time and enjoy yourself in the HOT weather. :thumbup: