I'm glad some people are enjoying the apd's. Mine failed to download on two different computers.

:sad:

Did you contact DCI Support? I am sure that they can help you.

Whoa... thanks for the link. So tell me why I should buy some old school remasters. For example, how would the Star '91 audio from their "greatest hits" disk differ from the masters offered on this page?

Thanks a bunch,

Alex McKinley

The ones I redid were basically re-leveling. Back in the early 1990s, the discs were emphasising full dynamic range. It made the snare shots the loudest thing on there, and the rest of the brass was very low. I added some volume into those mixes, doing a hard limit, and where technically those isolated snare shots and such aren't as dynamic, I feel like the mix is much more reasonable. If you have any of the CDs from back then, you remember turning up the volume quite a bit. Now it's mixed more in line with what you hear these days - not like creed and nickelback, but still normalized.

It's not voodoo, and it's not restoring anything. Some of the older tracks got a small parametric eq based on what it sounded like, but that's it really. It makes a big difference, but it wasn't a timeline tweak everything project like the BluRay was.

Also, I can't speak to whether they re-leveled that Star disc; not familiar.

Edited by drumcat

WORKAROUND: When you get to the download page, right-click and “save target as” and manually download them. It’s not as clean as the single hyperlink click method, but still effective.

NOTE: It would be very nice if DCI wrapped those into a single downloadable package. Maybe a .zip or .rar file.

Michael

WORKAROUND: When you get to the download page, right-click and “save target as” and manually download them. It’s not as clean as the single hyperlink click method, but still effective.

NOTE: It would be very nice if DCI wrapped those into a single downloadable package. Maybe a .zip or .rar file.

Michael

What he said....this is how it works for me now with Windows 7.

drumcat, the bundle link reminded me: the 1977 Bridgemen. I believe they were disqualified that year. I know I've watched the VOD on FN before, because I made a note about loving the music that year, and I see there's still a VOD link, but there doesn't seem to be a video any more. AND there's never been an APD.

So... am I just nuts, has the VOD been partially taken down, and/or any way to get an APD? I know this would be a low priority, but I would love to be able to get an MP3 of that show.

drumcat, the bundle link reminded me: the 1977 Bridgemen. I believe they were disqualified that year. I know I've watched the VOD on FN before, because I made a note about loving the music that year, and I see there's still a VOD link, but there doesn't seem to be a video any more. AND there's never been an APD.

So... am I just nuts, has the VOD been partially taken down, and/or any way to get an APD? I know this would be a low priority, but I would love to be able to get an MP3 of that show.

If they were DQ'd, don't hold your breath. Not my call what's up there, but I don't think any of the DQ shows were allowed to be posted.