nightBEAT 2012

you're saying home show doesn't affect the judges. and i agree.

but it can affect the performers.

Exactly. It does affect the performers. It could have gone the opposite way and they could very well have overhyped, which has happened to every corps at their home show at one time or another. Traditionally, Crown has not been a strong performing corps at our home performances but clearly that monkey is off their backs tonight.

you're saying home show doesn't affect the judges. and i agree.

but it can affect the performers.

Historically however there is no coorelation between home show scores and placements and scores and placements away from the home show for Corps, despite inspired performances in the home show in some cases by Corps. One would think they might score better at home shows, but one casual look at historical archives from the last decade and this has not been the case at all.

Historically however there is no coorelation between home show scores and placements and scores and placements away from the home show for Corps, despite inspired performances in the home show in some cases by Corps. One would think they might score better at home shows, but one casual look at historical archives from the last decade and this has not been the case at all.

It used to happen a lot. I've been on both ends of the home cookin' thing. Not as much anymore, but I don't doubt for a second corps perform and score better at home shows. And there's nothing wrong with that, really.

I'd really like to see the recaps. Any idea if they will be posted at all?

They are being flown by carrier pigeon as we speak to DCI HQ and they should arrive momentarily.

• Like 1

I'm not buying that Phantom is 4th in Color Guard SBST.

Or visual analysis, unless Cadets really cleaned their drill that much.

Edited by ATXGUY