nightBEAT 2012

It used to happen a lot. I've been on both ends of the home cookin' thing. Not as much anymore, but I don't doubt for a second corps perform and score better at home shows. And there's nothing wrong with that, really.

You should though. While Corps do sometimes perform better at home shows ( and sometimes they are overhyped and it gets away from them ), one look at therecent archives and you can readily see for yourself that Corps do not get any noticeable jump in scores and placements because it is a home show. Thus I attribute Crown's placement and score tonite to factors unrelated to " home cookin' " or " performing at home ". I think its what the judging panel was for them ( perhaps a good draw ), and their performance level relative to the others in competition from that drawn judging panel.

Edited by BRASSO

Bluecoats 2nd in percussion, .3 behind SCV.

• Like 1

You should though. While Corps do sometimes perform better at home shows ( and sometimes they are overhyped and it gets away from them ), one look at therecent archives and you can readily see for yourself that Corps do not get any noticeable jump in scores and placements because it is a home show. Thus I attribute Crown's placement and score tonite to factors unrelated to " home cookin' " or " performing at home ". I think its what the judging panel was for them ( perhaps a good draw ), and their performance level relative to the others in competition from that drawn judging panel.

Oh, I don't think it was home cookin' alone. Contest dynamics (the order and the panel) were probably a bigger factor. But I'm sure Crown put on a whale of a show regardless. And for all we know, Devils may have had an off night. It happens.

Oh, I don't think it was home cookin' alone. Contest dynamics (the order and the panel) were probably a bigger factor. But I'm sure Crown put on a whale of a show regardless. And for all we know, Devils may have had an off night. It happens.

Remember winning the horn caption at the Devil's reunion home show in '86? :)

1343604989[/url]' post='3188319']

Bluecoats have a good start time. Let's see how the VE judge scores them tonight. She is typically hard and low on the Bluecoats, from what I have seen.

And she put them at 8th. Wow. That was an easy prediction. What is her problem?

Remember winning the horn caption at the Devil's reunion home show in '86? :)

That was one of the highlights of my drum corps career at Suncoast. We won brass at SCV and Devils' home shows. Remember when the staff lied and told us that because it was DC-West Championships, we were only an exhibition corps? Then we started winning captions...

• Like 1

That was one of the highlights of my drum corps career at Suncoast. We won brass at SCV and Devils' home shows. Remember when the staff lied and told us that because it was DC-West Championships, we were only an exhibition corps? Then we started winning captions...

It was one of the moments I remember the most from my limited career... playing the standstill after the show and having the BD horn line stand in front of us. If I remember correctly, their brass staff made them stand in front and listen.

182ccc32d9dc11e1abe622000a1e87bb_7.jpg

Question about this photo: The last show I got to see was Minneapolis and I can tell just by the closing set that SCV changed their closer. Now I really hope my memory isn't going already but I only remember 4 cymbal players at the Minnesota regional. Also, as far back as I can remember, I've only seen SCV with 4 cymbal players. Who's the 5th? Does a member of the pit pick up a pair and march out to complete that final set? Anyone?

I'm sorry that much of a point swing IN ONE NIGHT between 1-2 and 7-8 is ludicrous. Not saying that I like one set of scores better than the other but how is that possible?

Probably because this isn't a SCIENCE... It's subjective scoring by a bunch of human beings...

( which is the usual thing that happens all of the time)....