BD narration

• 1 year later...
On 7/30/2012 at 8:21 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

And now I've found the German text. It's apparently part of "Dada-Definition" or "Dada Sayings", a 1955 work by Hans (Jean) Arp, of which BD uses this much:

- - - - - - - - - -

Bevor Dada da war, war Dada da.

Dada ist eine altertümliche, vierbeinige Armbrust, die ein Hündchen an der Leine führt.

Dada hat Schwingen, die gewaltiger als hundert Urwälder sind.

Dada sieht manchmal einem Menschen aus Torf mit Augen aus wurmstichigen Äpfeln ähnlich. Trotzdem ist Dada jeden Tag schöner als der vorhergehende.

Dada ist eine Rose, [die eine Rose im Knopfloch trägt.]

- - - - - - - - - -

(The bracketed half-line is not audible. The original continues for at least as long again.)

(Source)

Just randomly googled this poem and came right here to DCP. Hadn't seen a good translation on here. It's bonkers. 

Before there was dada, there was dada (german wordplay where "da" means "there" and german grammar makes the sentence is mirrored)

Dada is an ancient (or antique) four-legged crossbow walking a doggy.

Dada has swing (or vibes or something) more powerful than a hundred primeval forests.

Sometimes dada looks like a person made of turf with eyes made of worm-holed apples. Yet dada is every day more beautiful than the previous.

Dada is a rose with a rose in its buttonhole. 

*sighs* remember when narration was a hot topic? And it was cheating to not wear a jacket and hat for half the show?

On 3/6/2016 at 9:13 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yowza yowza yowza!

No better example of why narration needs to be banned from the activity.

8 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I still refuse to listen to that show.

Sucky thing is I really like the music that year. I wish there was a recording with just brass and drums, no cheese.

2 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

No better example of why narration needs to be banned from the activity.

Cadets 2007 is a better example of narration gone wrong, as well as Crown 2004.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

Cadets 2007... such a waste of a monster corps :( If anyone has a recording of that show without the god awful narration, please send it to me!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

We're comparing polished cow patties here. :P