Muchachos disqualfication controversy

My roommate's most favoristest of drum corps shows is that of the Hawthorne Muchachos in 1975. Apparently they got 1st in semis, then the Troopers ratted them out to DCI that they were marching age-outs in order to sneak in to finals at 12th place. The Muchachos were disqualified and the fallout from it eventually killed the corps.

I've heard the show, and I have to agree it is one of the greatest of all time. But where can you get a video of it? As far as I can tell, DCI disavows all knowledge of the Muchachos existence, even leaving them off the DVD for 1976 when they made 4th. Does anyone have any idea how you could acquire the semis vid from 1975? It'd be a shame to think that one night erased from all DCI history this gem of a show.

BTW, if you haven't heard the show, see if you can find it, it's really phenomenal.

Many years ago, I got a recording of '75 Muchachos and '77 Bridgemen from Ken Kobold. He sent them along when I had made an order. I think DCI has all his old recordings so I'm not sure if the recording is still available. I would enjoy being able to get a video as well.

<<<<My roommate's most favoristest of drum corps shows is that of the Hawthorne Muchachos in 1975. Apparently they got 1st in semis>>>>

urban myth

Edited by RobertPi1ot

<**> "A shame one night ......"

YOu are kidding right? YOu think a 23 or 24 year old marching Juniors with management knowledge is just a one night stand? HAHAHAHAH

I loved the Muchs. TOo bad they did not just do it the right way and keep it legal. THey would have been the stuff of Legends.

As an aside. There have been many corps not making finals that had enough character and tradition to bounce back the next year.

yea, what a shame, they fuggin cheated!.....and for your info, the justice was that the Cavaliers were booed mercifully when announced on the starting line at Finals....but by the time the opener of Russian Christmas Music was complete, the boo's turned into a standing ovation after an emotional performance of it.

Real justice and class there eh?

UGH

well, unfortunately, DCI has a long and sad history of corps being booed on the field. More recent examples being the Cadets in 02 and Star in 93. Im afraid that the ugly fans will rear their heads again next year when a corps uses A&E, and im sure the Cadets will bear the brunt of it.

point being......the Cavies turned in the cheaters, and THEY got booed........did they deserve that?...........nope.

hahah

the boos were mild compared to the terror that Muchs tried to instillinthe back stands and the spit and jeers raining from 27th's busses as they passed by following finale. A lot of young guys in Green were tauhgt how to use thier buckles as weapons that night. A lot of old guys were happy that they had kept the edges ready. :P

YOu are right though ... it took balls for a guy who marched with Sac to turn in one of his older mentors.