I love Blue Devils!

I am glad to have hosted a couple kids from the B corps for a little over a week this year. They have lost one show so far to Oregon but no one is even close to beating them in percussion!

I can't find any footage of their Pit which is good enough to make it into WC even more than the battery is.

The last 42 years have been quite a ride for me and have enjoyed every minute of it!

I love "Cabaret Voltaire". Sat 10 rows from the field at the TOC in Charlotte and was just blown away by the horn line. Quite possibly my favorite BD show which was 1988 until this year.

This weeks BD 360 is really good! They give a lot of respect to Crown and show some good footage of them and interview some of their members! Real class!

http://bluedevils.org/mediabox/index.php?as=1&module=videos&season=2012&tagID=29&assetID=45914&all=

• Like 3

I just wonder what will the final ending of this show be? it's good they added a little more power to the last push but the slow ending as it is is quite interesting. I really love that they let the hula hoops roll by them self and die out so to speak.

I love the staging of this show. It's sort of winter guard-ish in parts, but who cares...winter guard is a crazy innovative activity. The staging and pacing of this show is refreshing. So many really good aha moments...little effects, little things. This show makes you work a little, makes you pay attention to see everything going on and I like that. I also really appreciate all the ensemble interaction. It's a very integrated show. And the ending... I hope they don't change it much, because I think it's a great ending and true to the spirit of dada art. If it ends up being loud and furious like most drum corps endings, that would be pretty un-dada. I also appreciate the restraint in design. After x number of rifle tosses, there is a law of diminishing returns that kicks in. BD has fewer tosses than a lot of other corps, but they are staged in such a way to create maximum impact. Overall, I really like this show so much. I like Crown a lot, too. I believe it's going to be really close at finals. I will be happy no matter who wins.

Edited by ordsw24
  • Like 4

I like that, as a fairly steady BD critic over the past few years, they have put together a show that, for whatever reason, connects with me somehow. There are moments of the show that still surprise me, even though I've seen them before and know they're coming. It's not really a departure from their previous designs that I've criticized, and that's why I'm confused as to why I like it. But I've decided to just let go and enjoy them this year.

Feels kinda' good.

• Like 2

I went and watched Bridgemen 83 which i guess was Scott Chandler's first teaching assignment? I saw a lot of parrallels in that guard. I love that they have Nicole in the snare line! She is a total beast of a drummer!