A Plea for sanity in this forum

I just want everyone to keep it classy during the next few days. This is just kids out there on the field. I know we all get super passionate about our favorite corps, but at the end of the day, it's a bunch of kids out there, and we're not out there, it's there time to shine. So let's not make this about us on here, and make it about the kids. Keep it classy, and be happy for whoever wins next Saturday. I know I'll be cheering for everyone, and wishing I was out there. This has been a great season, so let's not ruin it with a bunch of sniping and petty, classless #####ing and arguing.

Edit: Really guys?

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 2

I don't know if anyone has tried this in DCP's 10 years of existence, but since I have the most posts, I'll go for it. Hell pin the topic if you want.

We're down to less than 10 days til it's all over. Passion run high...people love certain corps, certain shows. The only thing we know for sure is whoever scores the highest wins.

And yes, DCP will get a huge driveby audience that makes their annual finals time appearance,some just to talk, some to start stuff for the game of it.

Let's try something this year, regardless of who you like, don't like, want to win, want to lose, feel the judges screwed etc...

Let's be calm. Sure we can have discussions. But there's no need for bashing corps, judges, DCP posters....trust me, I'm sure I'll have some great oneliners about shows. We all know the sound in LOS has issues that have issues.

Yes people may put up reviews you don't agree with. I'm sure when my Allentown review goes up Sunday it'll have feedback that isn't complimentary of me. Fine.

But let's chill with the haters, dino, young punk etc stuff.

For once, let's have a fun finals week without the ########.

is it possible?

my name is Jeff Ream, and I'm sure the moderators will approve this message. If they don't, blame corpsband and Plan9 :devil:

You are a Killjoy Jeff......

WHAT!?!???!?!

I haven't picked on you in a while, so it seemed like a good time.

:devil:

• Like 2

You are a Killjoy Jeff......

oh please. expect to see me go off on some chucklehead and get myself suspended

:ph34r:

I just want everyone to keep it classy during the next few days. This is just kids out there on the field. I know we all get super passionate about our favorite corps, but at the end of the day, it's a bunch of kids out there, and we're not out there, it's there time to shine. So let's not make this about us on here, and make it about the kids. Keep it classy, and be happy for whoever wins next Saturday. I know I'll be cheering for everyone, and wishing I was out there. This has been a great season, so let's not ruin it with a bunch of sniping and petty, classless #####ing and arguing.

A baby boomer asks:

Is there something unique about millennials that you still get called a "kid" even if you are 18 or older? This means they can vote, join the army, get sent to war, and for legal intents and purposes are an adult. There are people in the 18-21 age group who get married and have children. If you break a low at age 18, you are tried as an adult.

A good number of these corps have a large percentage of people 21 or older, which means they can drink legally also.

There are lots of reasons to be civil in our discourse, but I don't get the "they're kids" argument for it.

The corps that have a large percentage of people under 18 are the ones ranked 13 and below. I rarely see a lot of arguments in negative discourse lobbed their way. In all honesty, the most intense discussions are about corps who are mostly made up of adults.

I agree with being civil. I just don't agree that they are all kids.

• Like 1

A baby boomer asks:

Is there something unique about millennials that you still get called a "kid" even if you are 18 or older? This means they can vote, join the army, get sent to war, and for legal intents and purposes are an adult. There are people in the 18-21 age group who get married and have children. If you break a low at age 18, you are tried as an adult.

A good number of these corps have a large percentage of people 21 or older, which means they can drink legally also.

There are lots of reasons to be civil in our discourse, but I don't get the "they're kids" argument for it.

The corps that have a large percentage of people under 18 are the ones ranked 13 and below. I rarely see a lot of arguments in negative discourse lobbed their way. In all honesty, the most intense discussions are about corps who are mostly made up of adults.

I agree with being civil. I just don't agree that they are all kids.

when I hang out with my dads gang, aged mid 60's at 43 they call me kid

:tongue: