Will Crown catch Blue Devils?

168 members have voted

1. 1. Looks like a "Two Horse Race;" who will it be?

• Blue Devils
    • Carolina Crown

I think BD should and will win, but there's always a possibility for a finals week upset. BD was ahead in Allentown last year and Cadets ended up winning with a dirtier show come finals, then again the Cadets program was far superior to what Crown has produced this year.

• Like 1

I think BD should and will win, but there's always a possibility for a finals week upset. BD was ahead in Allentown last year and Cadets ended up winning with a dirtier show come finals, then again the Cadets program was far superior to what Crown has produced this year.

Except, it wasn't dirtier.

• Like 2

I think a Crown victory will invigorate drum corps. There have only been 7 champions in the last 20-30 years. People like underdogs and this year gives everyone a chance for good memories. Hopefully Crown can produce and make this a special year to remember like 1988, 1991, and1996.

Edited by Tummygoat

I can finally add to a Crown/BD discussion after seeing both live. The difference between Crown in July and today is astounding, and I think they're almost there, the show has the look and feel of a championship show. It needs a smidge more polish, but not more tweaking. As far as Blue Devils, I think there have been too many naysayers as far as their current show is concerned. I will agree with those who do not like the voiceovers, but their show is complicated but performed with finesse, which is no small feat, and the show does what it hopes to accomplish. It's polished, it's well done, but I don't find it electrifying and this is where Crown in my opinion has the advantage. I think East Rutherford tomorrow night will be exciting.

For those who see parallels between last year and 2008, I'm in your camp.

I've got Debbie Torchia and Marie Czapinski on speed dial... :tongue:

Crown tends to get crucified by those two. I think if any bias exists in the judging world, it is definitely the most in guard/visual. Some judges just don't like a certain designer's choreography and work, or they just have a beef with that person. :-)

Edited by mellodramatic

I've seen this happen in Drum Corps a million times. BD is in the "clean" mode right now. They pretty much have their show down to where they want it to be. Now it's just a matter of dotting the i and crossing the t. I think that they're going to be hard to beat this year.

If they beat Devils in drums last night and STILL lost by 1.0+, the answer is 'nope'.

Edited by mobrien
  • Like 4

I've seen this happen in Drum Corps a million times. BD is in the "clean" mode right now. They pretty much have their show down to where they want it to be. Now it's just a matter of dotting the i and crossing the t. I think that they're going to be hard to beat this year.

or lowercase J

thumbup.gif

Except, it wasn't dirtier.

I think they deserved the win, I just think their effect was prized more highly than cleanliness. I still think the Cadets winning visual performance is the biggest DCI judging error in recent history. Then again, I'm not a judge, just calling it how I see it.