Open Class Championships

Looking forward to seeing the most compeitive Open Class finals in a while. There are some very entertaining shows out there and I am ready for a week of solid drum corps.

Also, just for grins, how many Open Class corps will make Semi-finals on Friday. (4 almost for sure, but what about a 5th??

Have fun and see you in the stands!

Looking forward to seeing the most compeitive Open Class finals in a while. There are some very entertaining shows out there and I am ready for a week of solid drum corps.

Also, just for grins, how many Open Class corps will make Semi-finals on Friday. (4 almost for sure, but what about a 5th??

I agree. Open Class is going to be another great show from top to bottom.

As far as OC making semis, it could happen (probably only top 2 maybe) but history shows a significant drop in scores once the OC corps get to Indy.

I personally do not think it will happen this year either

Last year everyone talked about BDB and OC in semis. .

Here are the scores from last years prelims top 5 OC corps and bottom 6 WC corps:

18 Pacific Crest 77.75

19 BDB 76.45

20 Teal Sound 75.75

21 Mandarins 75.70

22 Oregon Crusaders 75.15

23 SCV 72.85

24 Cascades 72.20

25 Surf 71.40

26 Spartans 69.35

27 Pioneer 68.40

28 Revolution 66.50

Remember that the Top OC corps were in the 90's at Michigan City.

So take 15 points off the OC scores and see where they fall.

As far as OC making semis, it could happen (probably only top 2 maybe) but history shows a significant drop in scores once the OC corps get to Indy.

Here are the scores from last years prelims top 5 OC corps and bottom 6 WC corps:

18 Pacific Crest 77.75

19 BDB 76.45

20 Teal Sound 75.75

21 Mandarins 75.70

23 SCV 72.85

24 Cascades 72.20

25 Surf 71.40

26 Spartans 69.35

27 Pioneer 68.40

28 Revolution 66.50

With the new Prelims/Semis rules, the top 25 now make it into Semis. So, I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 that make it. Also, Teal Sound is no longer on tour. :(

My prediction is that the Oregon Crusaders make it into the Colts/Troopers/Pacific Crest conversation and make it interesting at Semis.

Well, we know for sure without a doubt 3 will definately make it. I think a 4th will squeeze in being Pioneer. The real question is can the 5th place corps do it???

Also, new judges sheets this year, I cannot see a 20 point drop happening this year. Not based on what I am seeing anyway. If Oregon Crusaders can win Tuesday, they may be close to the Troopers. But, they must perfom well and very clean to do it. Could be an interesting battle in the lower part of the top 25.

• Like 2

18 Pacific Crest 77.75

19 BDB 76.45

20 Teal Sound 75.75

21 Mandarins 75.70

23 SCV 72.85

24 Cascades 72.20

25 Surf 71.40

26 Spartans 69.35

27 Pioneer 68.40

28 Revolution 66.50

I really hope the 7th Regiment makes it into the mix this year. They've had a great season with an interesting show.... I'd be so proud!

18 Pacific Crest 77.75

19 BDB 76.45

20 Teal Sound 75.75

21 Mandarins 75.70

23 SCV 72.85

24 Cascades 72.20

25 Surf 71.40

26 Spartans 69.35

27 Pioneer 68.40

28 Revolution 66.50

Here's my one rather selfish post of the year: OC has become a huge thing to me because of my own kids' involvement - my daughter who has been on staff at BDB for what seems like years now, and my son teaching 7th Regiment where my youngest kid plays marimba (no electronics this year - she played synth in the past but the absence of synth doesn't seem to have slowed them down).

So much fun to see the activity at this basic level rather than at the level of National Tour Broadway Show (which I greatly admire, but which is a different activity IMO) of the World Class.

Proud of you guys, and what you did with the activity I brought you to such a long time ago.

Edited by rayfallon

Here's my one rather selfish post of the year: OC has become a huge thing to me because of my own kids' involvement - my daughter who has been on staff at BDB for what seems like years now, and my son teaching 7th Regiment where my youngest kid plays marimba (no electronics this year - she played synth in the past but the absence of synth doesn't seem to have slowed them down).

So much fun to see the activity at this basic level rather than at the level of National Tour Broadway Show (which I greatly admire, but which is a different activity IMO) of the World Class.

Proud of you guys, and what you did with the activity I brought you to such a long time ago.

Well-said, Ray. Those OC corps definitely bring something good to the table, every year.