Open Class Championships

BDB and SCVC tied for 2nd??? Daaaannngg :starwars: it's a fight to the finish!

... I think it's time to get a separate pit judge for sure!

I'm all for that if we can add a second brass judge upstairs too.

Why stop there? Why not have High Brass Performance, Low Brass Performance, Battery Performance, Pit, Flag, Weapons, Feet, Upper Body Posture, High Brass Music GE, Low Brass Music GE, Battery Music GE, Pit Music GE, a plethora of seven Visual Performance and seven Visual GE, along with 'three judges per caption' so that you can throw out the high/low to minimize bias? Yeah, I am all for expanding judging panel spending even more money which DCI does not have.

I don't speak from a points or judging perspective. I speak as a mom wearing a corps show shirt...watching her kid and other kids lay it all down on the field and I was THRILLED beyond description to watch group after group out there giving it everything they had. I am also a teacher and it just hits me broadside in the heart to see these kids...all of them... working together as one unit and nailing it. I gave many standing ovations but I screamed as loud as I could for Oregon Crusaders...have to support my son in the hornline and OC's run for the title. I'm hoarse for finals (but I'll be bringin' it somehow...) After SCVC finished I saw a mom crying in the stands and she was remarking to someone else about how amazing the corps was (and I agree... Vanguard Cadets BROUGHT it last night). I didn't have a reaction to her crying except..."ahh how sweet"... and then I exited the stands to go sit out front and wait for scores... this just after OC's brass pinned my face back to I-94. As I sat in the grass, it came over me.... and I wept. I WEPT! My daughter was at the OC souvie table and as I waited for her, the tears kept flowing. She joined me on the grass and asked me if I was ok :)

Other thoughts:

I really liked 7th Regiments show a lot. I thought they were very clean and classy.

Music City is a whole lotta fun and love the brass!

SCVC has a magical show this year. Well done.

Love the water theme of BDB and the different ways the corps portrays it. BDB you always scare the hell out of me. You are so darn good.

Absolutely love the sinking of the Edmond Fitzgerald... gave me chills. Way to go Legends!

As a teacher I have to congratulate ALL kids in ALL corps and say that you make our future bright.

Edited by luv4corps

1344353431[/url]' post='3196831']

I don't speak from a points or judging perspective. I speak as a mom wearing a corps show shirt...watching her kid and other kids lay it all down on the field and I was THRILLED beyond description to watch group after group out there giving it everything they had. I am also a teacher and it just hits me broadside in the heart to see these kids...all of them... working together as one unit and nailing it. I gave many standing ovations but I screamed as loud as I could for Oregon Crusaders...have to support my son in the hornline and OC's run for the title. I'm hoarse for finals (but I'll be bringin' it somehow...) After SCVC finished I saw a mom crying in the stands and she was remarking to someone else about how amazing the corps was (and I agree... Vanguard Cadets BROUGHT it last night). I didn't have a reaction to her crying except..."ahh how sweet"... and then I exited the stands to go sit out front and wait for scores... this just after OC's brass pinned my face back to I-94. As I sat in the grass, it came over me.... and I wept. I WEPT! My daughter was at the OC souvie table and as I waited for her, the tears kept flowing. She joined me on the grass and asked me if I was ok :)

Other thoughts:

I really liked 7th Regiments show a lot. I thought they were very clean and classy.

Music City is a whole lotta fun and love the brass!

SCVC has a magical show this year. Well done.

Love the water theme of BDB and the different ways the corps portrays it. BDB you always scare the hell out of me. You are so darn good.

Absolutely love the sinking of the Edmond Fitzgerald... gave me chills. Way to go Legends!

As a teacher I have to congratulate ALL kids in ALL corps and say that you make our future bright.

Well said! All these young men and women have worked so hard on their shows and it shows. I as well stood up and applauded as I felt all shows were extremely entertaining and well done!

• Like 1