Oregon Crusaders at World Prelims

OC is really on another planet ... not just the scores, but that show is way fun; way good.

I wonder if they have the bounce to be in the top 15.

It's happened before (Les Etoiles, Magic, etc)

Its easy to speculate that OC will best a corps here or there...

....but how about putting that package up aginst the Crossmen? Or Academy? or Colts? or Glassmen?

Not to get too far ahead of the game, but the BIG audience gets to see the Open Clas winner on Saturday night (right?)...

Well last year BDB's score dropped 20 points from Open Finals to World Prelims and Oregon's dropped 21.5 points.

so let's just use the 20 points as a guide from last year and speculate that OC scores somewhere around 76-78 points on thursday.

this would put them at this point in line with the Academy,Pacific Crest/Colts/Troopers group which is currently sitting in 15th-18th place.

I think it's very likely Oregon finishes ahead of Pioneer, Cascades, and Mandarins. I think there's a chance Oregon finishes ahead of Jersey Surf and Troopers. Beyond that... Not sure they can beat out Colts, Pacific Crest (who is surging big time these last few days of the season), or The Academy.

I'd say 18th is the highest OC might finish. But we'll see.

• Like 1

I would agree, even going back to div 2/3 days, scores drop 15-25 going on the WC sheets

I think Oregon Crusaders are amazing this year. Without a doubt in my mind they were the best corps yesterday. I don't think they can quite beat Academy, Pacific Crest, Glassmen, or Crossmen. I do think they could beat Troopers, and depending on Colts performance, it could be very close between the 2 corps in my opinion.

I will say Oregon Crusaders have one of my top 12 favorite shows of the year. My guess is either 17th or 18th place for them on Thursday.

• Like 1

I just hope this discussion can stay here where it belongs :)

I'm still recovering my face... which OC's brass pinned to the lanes of I-94 last night.

Edited by luv4corps

I think it's very likely Oregon finishes ahead of Pioneer, Cascades, and Mandarins. I think there's a chance Oregon finishes ahead of Jersey Surf and Troopers. Beyond that... Not sure they can beat out Colts, Pacific Crest (who is surging big time these last few days of the season), or The Academy.

I'd say 18th is the highest OC might finish. But we'll see.

I absolutely love OC's show, but this is spot on. They will NOT place higher than 18th. More than likely they will finish 19th, or possibly even 20th behind Surf.

Yeah, I'd say 18-20 range

Just watched their show for the first time. It is really cooking! They could hang tough with some of the world class corps.

OC will place ahead of Pioneer, Cascades and Mandarins. So will BDB. SCVC will finish somewhere in there too.

I'd say there is a very good chance OC finishes ahead of Jersey Surf. I see an outside chance that they place above Troopers and Colts.

No higher.

• Like 1