Oregon Crusaders at World Prelims

384594_10151967192075162_1855568419_n.jpg
  • Like 2

I can see them nipping up to the Troopers/Surf range.

They're a very good corps and doing a product that I'm loving to death.

Trying to equate a score drop from OC to WC sheets can be tricky. I've seen corps that are tenths apart in OC end up 10 pts apart in WC. That's going back a ways .. but in truth, the sheets are totally different. If a corps has designed their show to be a WC show .. it doesn't mean it's going to win by a huge margin on OC sheets. That being the case, you could see BDB move much higher .. or Oregon Crusaders. From what I've seen thus far ... Oregon Crusaders will have a much wider margin with regards to score over their OC counterparts come Prelims.

It's also not just a matter of the linear, it's that Open Class shows are written for a completely different set of sheets. OC sheets have different box criteria. Things that work in World would be an absolute disaster in Open. Things done for huge credit in Open won't impact the sheets at all in World.

So, yea, it's not just number tolerance.

• Like 1

It's always a tricky process, gauging the drop from OC to WC in scores, but especially so with new sheets this year. I'd really love to see Oregon Crusaders nip at the Top 15 range. I think that would be great for the Open Class as a whole - too often we forget them and focus on the World Class groups (or even worse, focus on only the Top 8 or so in the World Class, forgetting that our shows from 9 down are also incredibly strong and entertaining!). Seeing an Open Class corps place up there with the Top 15 would be an amazing boost for that part of the activity. Unfortunately, I would probably more realistically put even Oregon Crusaders somewhere around 18 or so. It's really a different class (no pun intended) of performing.

• Like 1

It's always a tricky process, gauging the drop from OC to WC in scores, but especially so with new sheets this year. I'd really love to see Oregon Crusaders nip at the Top 15 range. I think that would be great for the Open Class as a whole - too often we forget them and focus on the World Class groups (or even worse, focus on only the Top 8 or so in the World Class, forgetting that our shows from 9 down are also incredibly strong and entertaining!). Seeing an Open Class corps place up there with the Top 15 would be an amazing boost for that part of the activity. Unfortunately, I would probably more realistically put even Oregon Crusaders somewhere around 18 or so. It's really a different class (no pun intended) of performing.

It would be a huge accomplishment just to get to 17th... would be best overall placement by a lower division corps since SCVC something like a decade ago.

It would be a huge accomplishment just to get to 17th... would be best overall placement by a lower division corps since SCVC something like a decade ago.

You're forgetting 02 Magic. Pretty sure they hold the record on that achievement.

• Like 2

You're forgetting 02 Magic. Pretty sure they hold the record on that achievement.

Yes! Magic was the only corps to ever march all SIX days of Finals week. Back then they had 3 days in Division 2/3 and 3 days in Div 1 Quarters, Semis, Finals... six days straight in fact, with no break.

And 99.05 in Div 2 finals.

That my friend, is a record that will likely never be touched.