Oregon Crusaders at World Prelims

Yes! Magic was the only corps to ever march all SIX days of Finals week. Back then they had 3 days in Division 2/3 and 3 days in Div 1 Quarters, Semis, Finals... six days straight in fact, with no break.

And 99.05 in Div 2 finals.

That my friend, is a record that will likely never be touched.

Not quote. In 1984, Florida Wave performed on six consecutive days. Division II Prelims, Division II Finals, Open Class Prelims, Open Class Quarterfinals, Open Class Semifinals, and an exhibition at Open Class Finals. Sure, they didn't get a score at finals, but you weren't specific.

The Oregon Crusaders have an outside shot at hitting five performances, should they make it to 17th on Thursday.

Edited by Kamarag

Not quote. In 1984, Florida Wave performed on six consecutive days. Division II Prelims, Division II Finals, Open Class Prelims, Open Class Quarterfinals, Open Class Semifinals, and an exhibition at Open Class Finals. Sure, they didn't get a score at finals, but you weren't specific.

The Oregon Crusaders have an outside shot at hitting five performances, should they make it to 17th on Thursday.

John, why 17th? Isn't semifinals top 25?

And i would mark my "who do i need to make sure to see" tote sheet to include the next 3...with a break somewhere in there to stop at the souvie truck :)

You know what, you're right. I forgot the change they made last year. Semis is indeed 25 now, so Oregon will perform five times.

Edited by wishbonecav

Les Etoiles 96...5 shows (5 for 5...no Wednesday show that year :)

BDB 11...4 for 4...which is not 5 for 5 due to rain, nor 6 for 6...nor "competing all days"

and i am wasting time at work on this just for the sake of conversation....

Back to the OP......Oregon just might crack the top 15...even if their show was written for DII :)

yes but the record is performing 6 times during championship week of which only Wave 5 competing 1 exhibition, and Magic 6 competing have done

OC is really on another planet ... not just the scores, but that show is way fun; way good.

I wonder if they have the bounce to be in the top 15.

It's happened before (Les Etoiles, Magic, etc)

Its easy to speculate that OC will best a corps here or there...

....but how about putting that package up aginst the Crossmen? Or Academy? or Colts? or Glassmen?

Not to get too far ahead of the game, but the BIG audience gets to see the Open Clas winner on Saturday night (right?)...

After watching them last night, 17th is not even a remote possibility. They are the new kids on the block..

it'll be fun to find out.

regardless, i dont think they'll look out of place tommorrow....and that is pretty cool in itself.

the rest of the week for them is gravy....17th, 20th...can any of us say it really matters at this point?

it's got to be pretty neat to be a part of it....rehearsal, sectionals and ensemble at night at the hotel....Saturday at Finals just throwing down.....

.....130 kids are getting a lifetime memory that doesnt suck.

love it.

After watching them last night, 17th is not even a remote possibility. They are the new kids on the block..

• Like 3

LOVE LOVE LOVE the OC...

That said... they will drop AT LEAST 20 points on WC sheets. I see them coming in somewhere around 16th-18th place.