Oregon Crusaders at World Prelims

I would love to see Oregon Crusaders go WC and represent the North West! That would be so cool. I miss seeing corps like Seattle Imperials, and Marauders. (Hawks too if anyone remembers them)

• Like 1

having seen OC in Dublin last week. I think they are quite good but I think they definitely have an Open Class show.

They perform quite well but the difficulty or level of cleanliness isn't there to beat most world class corps. The Troopers were also at that show and I might put them slightly behind where Troopers will finish. OC is definitely more fan friendly than Troop's show but Troop is just cleaner. I guess they will get 19th, which is definitely a step up from the 22nd they got last season. That would put them between Troopers and Jersey Surf based on placements from Atlanta.

Looks like I was actually correct. I'm surprised.

I watched OC on the feed and had mixed feelings. Their execution level is leaps and bounds ahead of the other Open Class corps. But the show design was really immature. I know this is cliché, but I really felt like I was watching a souped-up BOA show. BDB's show was much more "World Class" ready from a design standpoint. Talk of Top 15 or Top 12 for Oregon is silly, IMO. This is an 18th-20th place corps this year.

I haven't seen any Open shows yet, but there is no rule saying the winner of Open will place the highest of all Opens in Semis. BDB might beat Oregon on World Class sheets, SCVC might also.

The 1972 Hawks did one of the most unusual shows ever.

Re-enacted the assassination of JFK.

I saw them live in Santa Rosa but can't remember if it was 72 or 73. They had single tenor drums but still threw down. I was very impressed with their drumline even though I was only 10 or 11.