Moderator?

As for the original question:

You'll find that this week (along with Labor Day weekend) are very busy times for this forum; there will be an influx of new posters and threads, some of which may cover ground previous debates or threads have here.

A certain amount of "off-topic" may occur; your concern regarding the "30 Years" thread is a good example: the initial post references a long-debated argument about the decline/advance of the activity, so some posters . . .who have seen the debate before . . .will reference it differently than someone who is new to the site (or is visiting again after a long absence).

The advice upthread is perfect: the forums are what we make them . . .so, if you want to elevate the conversation, make it your priority to ignore those you feel don't do so (whether through off-topic posting or other ways), and to engage the Community with your viewpoint.

Report things that you feel are non-conducive to the conversation, but also realize that an occasional dose of humor or off-topic is somewhat acceptable, lest the forums become Draconian in their enforcement.

Feel free to contact JohnZ or myself . . .or any other member of the moderation team if you have questions or comments.

Thanks,

-b :smile:

You'll find that this week (along with Labor Day weekend) are very busy times for this forum; there will be an influx of new posters and threads, some of which may cover ground previous debates or threads have here.

Which reminds me.... aren't some of the mods also busy with corps or as spectators at DCI and/or DCA Championships? Another thing that takes time away from being all seeing on the boards.

The advice upthread is perfect: the forums are what we make them . . .so, if you want to elevate the conversation, make it your priority to ignore those you feel don't do so (whether through off-topic posting or other ways), and to engage the Community with your viewpoint.

Ignore feature is nice.. no sarcasim intended....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Thanks everyone. The post that were removed proved my point and I am cool with it - it proved my point.

it took multiple pages to get to the topic. That is the reason I posted this.

If you go to My Settings > Forums you can increase the number of posts per page. I have found this makes the number of off topic posts less bothersome as I can skim over them without having to go through nearly as many new screens.

• Like 1