2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

Ladies and gentlemen, I am in the press box where, in just over three hours, the 2012 DCI season comes to a head. Will Blue Devils complete yet another undefeated season? Will Crown pull off an upset? Will Phantom kill another drum major? Will Cavaliers break 90? So many questions to be answered tonight and I'll give you LIVE coverage for start to finish!

It was great to see Tom Moore, Dave Hobart, and Kim and Mike Symonds at the DCA booth in the West Club of the stadium.

I also ran into Cary and Melissa Reed. Cary and I both served on the Greater Cleveland Marching and Performing Arts board when we tried to get a drum corps up and running in the area. Their son, Hunter, marched Glassmen this year and is one of my brothers-in-corps.

I caught a glimpse of David Bruni and the members of The Edge by the DCA booth. They've surprised a lot of people with how good they are and are doing a great job representing the all-age drum corps activity.

Finally, thanks go out to Chris Weber of DCI, who arranged for me to have a press pass for tonight so I can continue bringing you my live coverage.

Awesome enjoy Kevin! You deserve to be up there because your live play by play is amazing! Looking forward to thoughts on armosphere when Xmen enter... During and after their performance.... BKs run tonight... Well everyone... Excited also to see Crown hopefully dethrone BD and say... WHO'S YOUR DADA

Edited by wesleyrp

I will also be posting pictures and thoughts about tonight's shows on my Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ feeds. You can find and subscribe to those feeds through my About.Me page:

http://about.me/kevingamin

"Ladies and gentlemen...IT'S DRUM CORPS TIME IN INDIANA!!!"

Dan Potter has kicked off the festivities!

I'm going to run down and grab something to drink. I am incredibly parched right now. The Army Hellcats are coming onto the field to perform. I saw them rehearsing earlier when I first got to the stadium. Very impressive rudimental drumming and trumpet playing.

I am back. INpact is now on the field. They will be performing with Shaun Canon, who will be performing "Live For Music", the single he recorded to promote music in schools. The music video included portions of DCI performances from the past couple of years.

As they clear the field from Shaun's performance, I can see the Oregon Crusaders standing in the tunnel, ready to do their exhibition and become the fourth corps after the 1984 Florida Wave, 2002 Magic of Orlando, and the 2011 Blue Devils B to perform at every DCI Championships week event (Open Class Prelims/Finals, World Class Prelims/Semis/Finals).

Shaun Canon and INpact:

8d79af9f23ca01d8e57240c6587aa513-2014133248.jpg