2012 Drum Corps International World Class Championships

Not slotting, but the gap between 1st and 2nd on the captions BD won amount to 0.85 points of their final score. ie, the judges could have given them the correct ranking in the caption and dropped their score by nearly a full point.

When I first started to judge...around 1976, I was taught that there are two main elements of judging...to 1) rank and 2) rate the corps...that is...rank is the order of finish as you note here but they also have to rate the corps...this is the spread between them, in their opinion. By just blindly doing this in your above, they are not doing half of their primary job.

Here is the schedule for the rest of the show:

6:30 PM – Open Class Champion Exhibition, Oregon Crusaders

6:47 PM – Sponsor Recognition

7:00 PM – Crossmen

[...]

Does anyone know why Oregon Crusaders started 10 minutes early? We were shopping for souvenirs at 6:20 p.m., planning to return to our seats in five minutes to watch OC's show, when through the marketplace hubbub we heard their show being announced! So we missed the first two minutes hustling back to our section and had to watch the rest of their performance from the vom. Oregon's show was done by 6:33, and the sponsor awards didn't start early, so this change was most confusing.

Crooked lines, here you go my friend, crooked as a dogs hind leg:

208398_10151171996275185_724950779_n.jpg

Notice that I added a straight line to show what a straight line should be.

And what if that is exactly the designers intent? Straight lines with a slight bump signifying that even those elements in our world that are regimented and serious can cave and have inherent Dada elements? Could it be argued they are representing exactly the visual intent as it relates to the theme?

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

And what if that is exactly the designers intent? Straight lines with a slight bump signifying that even those elements in our world that are regimented and serious can cave and have inherent Dada elements? Could it be argued they are representing exactly the visual intent as it relates to the theme?

Sounds like Robin Williams doing the French Skating Judge routine......

"Yes, she fell, so what? It is life....."

I actually felt badly for BD when that happened.

As much as I wanted Crown to win Best Brass, I can't imagine how BDs members felt. Congrats on the Championship and a great season!