2013 Predictions

Since Mr. Ream hasn't checked in yet, I'll go out on a limb here and predict that the highest score will win.

I predict that at 12:25 AM, EST on August 11th, 2013 some poster will start our 2014 Corps placement predictions.

And off we'll go for 2014 !

1. Santa Clara (they put it all together)

2. Phantom (almost...again)

3. Blue Devils (slight set back because of new show..mama)

4. Crown (percussion slight pick up, brass drops)

5. Cadets (Does an easter show but it doesn't work...bunny problems with PETA)

6. BAC (improves again..playing somone elses "famous" music H better; right Cop?)

7. Bluecoats They don't get worse, everyone just gets better)

8. Cavies (doing a two step insted of a dubstep to see if that works)

9. Blue Knights (steps it up a bit)

10. Crossmen (momemtum baby)

11. Spirit (slight toe stub)

12. Madison (but everyone will scream for them more than Crown and Surf)

Disclaimer: These are predictions with nothng to base them on at all just like the other predictions here that plug corps in places :judt because. I predict better predictions would be best suited for late winter when staff changes are done and camps are had and shows are selected. Have a good off season everyone.

2-step is actually a genre of music. It's a sub genre of garage (pronounced like in England) which would be a lot easier to dance to since garage is New York's version of Chicago House. So that would possibly put the cavies up a few spots, because every body loves some smooth garage (even judges).

I predict that at 12:25 AM, EST on August 11th, 2013 some poster will start our 2014 Corps placement predictions.

And off we'll go for 2014 !

And the first post will have BK in 13th:)

And the first post will have BK in 13th:)

Lol!.. I can see that you've been around our DCP garage to see how we like to kick the tires to see if the wheels will fall off, Wes.

Amen!'

Blue Stars and Troopers will fold. Or at least sit out for a season and "re-organize".

Too bad Blue Stars and Troopers are some of the best managed drum corps in DCI.

• Like 4

My predictions:

Cavies come back stronger than ever, dominate the season from the start using a show with completely original music and hypnotic visuals and win it all.

Vanguard makes a surprise run for the gold with a greatest hits mashup show, but end up finishing second.

Blue Devils try a show without props, end up having an off year, and finish third.

Crown's "Third Time's a Charm?" show ends up in fourth place.

In fifth is Cadets' take on "High School Musical", chosen in a failed attempt to draw a younger audience into drum corps.

Sixth place goes to a surging Madison, who roll out a show based on music never before heard on the drum corps field.

Phantom, once again in all-black uniforms, drops to tenth after making the surprising choice of building their show around AC/DC's "Back in Black" and three full minutes of pre-recorded narration.

Oregon Crusaders, while still Open Class, makes history by finishing a surprise 12th on Friday, up from 15th on Thursday, to make it into the last spot in finals.

Jersey Surf continues their meteoric rise, finishing 14th with a hilarious and crowd-pleasing adaptation of "The Producers", including a guard dressed in Nazi uniforms and a drum major with a Hitler 'stache.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 7

My predictions:

Sixth Madison, who roll out a show based on music never before heard on the drum corps field.

As long as its not The Polka, I'm in.