2013 Programs

An update for everyone regarding our 75th anniversary show.

The Madison Scouts musical selections are:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 by Brian Tyler - Added to Spotify playlist

Corps of Brothers Fanfare by Robert W. Smith - Not available on US Spotify

Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky - Already on Spotify playlist

The Battle Rages by Lee Beddis, Nick Pourcho and Robert W. Smith - Not available on US Spotify

Afghanistan 2025 by Jack Wall - Added to Spotify playlist

You'll Never Walk Alone by Richard Rogers, Oscar Hammerstein - Already on Spotify playlist

• Like 1

Bluecoats are also playing "America" by Simon and Garfunkel. I have the music for bari/euph to play at Blue Way camp this weekend.

Bluecoats are also playing "America" by Simon and Garfunkel. I have the music for bari/euph to play at Blue Way camp this weekend.

Thanks for the tip, but unless it has been posted as official rep, it can't go up. Maybe they're using that as an encore piece or for the camps.

I march trumpet at jersey surf but man I can't wait to see le Mis from vanguard lol and update Soul Surfing is looking good cant wait til move-ins

Using Boston as an example, but definitely not to knock on them, consider this show description:

The program begins with the shock of catastrophe. In darkness, the inner spark of hope that never falters helps humanity ascend from the ashes toward light and to a place of possibilities. The climb continues as love and kindness grounded in friendship and community motivates man to shed old paradigms and welcome new horizons. Although oppression and domination are ever-present and return with a vengeance; resilience and perseverance prevail, and the indomitable spirit of man will RISE again.

Stu said in another thread something that has stuck with me - the most popular shows in recent years are not necessarily always the ones with the simplest themes, but the ones that get communicated most directly. That said, how in the world are any of the descriptions in this paragraph above going to get communicated from the field?

Mike

• Like 1

Using Boston as an example, but definitely not to knock on them, consider this show description:

Stu said in another thread something that has stuck with me - the most popular shows in recent years are not necessarily always the ones with the simplest themes, but the ones that get communicated most directly. That said, how in the world are any of the descriptions in this paragraph above going to get communicated from the field?

Mike

Seems pretty stock to me:

The program begins with the shock of catastrophe. [CORPS ENTRANCE] In darkness, the inner spark of hope that never falters helps humanity ascend from the ashes toward light and to a place of possibilities. [OPENER] The climb continues as love and kindness grounded in friendship and community motivates man to shed old paradigms and welcome new horizons. [bALLAD] Although oppression and domination are ever-present and return with a vengeance [DRUM SOLO?]; resilience and perseverance prevail, and the indomitable spirit of man will RISE again. [CLOSER]

or:

Down

Up

Down

Down

Up

or:

ppp

fff

mf

fp

fff

As Paulo Coehlo says, "...ALL ANYONE EVER DOES IS RECYCLE THE SAME FOUR THEMES: A LOVE STORY BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE, A LOVE TRIANGLE, THE STRUGGLE FOR POWER, AND THE STORY OF A JOURNEY."

That covers all of drum corps themes, right? :satisfied:

• Like 4

Boston Crusaders 2013 Show Announcement

http://www.bostoncrusaders.com/news/346-rise2013

Sit Down, Stand Up by Thom Yorke

Water Night by Eric Witacre

Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard

Lean on Me by Bill Withers

Test Drive (from How to Train Your Dragon) by John Powell

Time (from Inception) by Hans Zimmer

All of the above have been added to the Spotify playlist.

LINK

Original Music by Ryan George - Not available in US Spotify

As a 2-R Garry, I must insist that the Pioneer program be corrected to Garry Owen.

Thank you,

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

Sit Down, Stand Up by Thom Yorke

Water Night by Eric Witacre

Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard

Lean on Me by Bill Withers

Test Drive (from How to Train Your Dragon) by John Powell

Time (from Inception) by Hans Zimmer

An adjective that I would use to describe most of BAC's shows: safe. For example, I'd say 2012 BAC was the safest bunch of safe that ever safed. This is no knock, as I enjoy them and listen to them a lot.

The 2013 announcement says anything but safe.