Attendance at Finals

Just for the record...Lucas Oil Stadium is not a dome. Many have referred to it as such; but it's an enclosed stadium, not a domed one.

It's not a pet peeve of mine quite like seeing "Blue Coats," but I might allow it to become one.

I think that when referring to enclosed stadiums, the word "dome" has become a generic brand term... like "Coke" for cola, "Kleenex" for tissues, "Xerox" for copying, and so forth.

So please forgive us. :tongue:

It does kill the drum corps fan bonding, it kills the energy of the entire crowd…it’s the most passive, dead crowd I’ve seen for finals….not sure how it reads back from the field but a lot of energy that can go back and forth from the crowd and the corps on the field seems lost to me, as one in the crowd….maybe it’s the big comfy chairs that suck people into compliancy?

My semis seat was in the 600 level and, besides the fact only half the seats were occupied, I could not see any part of the audience that was below me. If they were doing a standing ovation or out getting a hot dog, I could not tell.

Besides the vertical separation there is a fair bit of boxed off, horizontal separation, especially on the 200 level where it seems some sections are their own box, the glass walls just make the separation worse

This year for Crown only and in a sort of strange way, was about the only time I felt the audience around me…they were rather rabid about Crown and very much trying to make a point

I don’t think shows like Spartacus are possible in the dome, tank, Boo’s-Band-Box in the cornfields aka ‘enclosed stadium’

I find the vibe of the place oppressive…it’s this big, dark room, super-chilled with stale air that seems to be a world onto its own mocking any outside existence. It’s just not a fun place to be for three days and does nothing for my end of summer tan

That was my first impression too.

As a stadium, it does have nice amenities – I don’t find the prices bad (as compared to Chicago Pro-stadium prices).

One thing that bugs me though is the fans really have yet to figure out how to maneuver, function in this stadium environment – so much inefficiency is due to confused fans. As a baseball season ticket holder and a patron of all sorts of stadiums all around the nation, I feel I should write a how-to post covering basic stadium etiquette so that we can all get around and get what we want in a more timely manner

One frequent tweeter of the shows had some bad interactions with rude fans.

you know when I go to finals week I go for drum corps, not for whatever stupid attractions there are in the area. I couldn't care less where the show is held I would attend because I wanted to see finals week. And when I'm there I go to the shows, and when there aren't any shows I will go find a corps practice facility and watch that. finals week is about drum corps, what else do you need?

Different strokes for different folks. The amount of drum corps people want to immerse themselves in varies from person to person. You are way more immersed than I am.

When it was in Foxboro, we spent some time in Boston and got tickets to a Red Sox game where I saw the famous Fenway Park for the first time.

When it was in Madison, I loved checking out the city, the restaurants, and the bars. I even rented a bike and circled the lake.

That's another thing. The corps housing isn't exactly close to the city. I attended an age-out session at the Crossmen's housing and it was a 90-minute drive outside the city. An hour and a half just getting to and back from a practice site is going to take up some time.

p><p>Well that didn

Were they taken at the beginning of the night or the end? There was a little bit more seats occupied at the end, but not by people who had tickets for the seats they were sitting in.

Were they taken at the beginning of the night or the end? There was a little bit more seats occupied at the end, but not by people who had tickets for the seats they were sitting in.

Took them about in the middle, I think Boston was performing. Any idea how to post them?

My semis seat was in the 600 level and, besides the fact only half the seats were occupied, I could not see any part of the audience that was below me. If they were doing a standing ovation or out getting a hot dog, I could not tell.

That was my first impression too.

One frequent tweeter of the shows had some bad interactions with rude fans.

I had never considered this; my seats are in 240 so I can see the fans down to the field. Didn't spend much time looking behind me.

But absolutely, now that I think about it, the greatest fan crowd I've ever experienced in 30 years was Bloomington '08. That mass roar rumbled the entire stadium.

I sure didn't experience that in the Can.

I had to miss this year for the first time in 20 years...this "unemployment" thing really sucks...but went to the theater thing on Thursday and watched the live stream on FN on Friday...and both nights, when the cameras panned to the crowd, I commented to my wife "Wow-there's like NOBODY there!" Unless it was a substantially bigger crowd for Finals than for prelims or semis, what I saw looks like this might have been the lowest attendance for Indy so far-again, that's just based on what Thursday and Friday looked like.

seemed like a decent crowd to me... didn't seem quite as much as last year, but more than they years prior to that

LOVE it being indoors, and Indy is inexpensive so works for me!

The stadium is not that well designed, but the AC works great and the roof keeps out the rain we seem to get yearly

• Like 1

I want to make darn sure I'm in a great seat. If I can't, I'll just find another use for my money.

I'm the same way. One year I decided to see my first regional so went on a long road trip with my young neice. Our tickets were on the 20 yrd line and I did not enjoy the competition. I didn't even feel like I was there. We were

(over here) and the competition was taking place -------------------------------------------->(over there).

I've been a bit hesitant to get tickets at Indy becuase I've read where certain seats have either rails or plexiglass in your line of site. Did they ever get that problem resolved? I would hate to be staring at either all night