Staff changes

What would that mean for "Dad VanDoren"? Could be quite a loss for Madison.:sad:

No, the Van Dorens are committed to Jim Mason, the Scouts and the rest of the old Star of Indiana staff.

• Like 1

John Meehan is already on heck of an arranger/composer. He'll step in just fine when the time comes. Devils are stacked in all sections.

I knew I had forgotten John Meehan in my list. How much younger is he than the rest of the guys? Would he be the likeliest to stick around forever until he's just too old to do it anymore?

No, the Van Dorens are committed to Jim Mason, the Scouts and the rest of the old Star of Indiana staff.

I have heard that Troopers is the Mason group's next stop after Madison, so it could make sense.

I just always wonder with BD what will happen when it comes times for these guys to retire? Chandler, Johnson, Downey, Murphy can't teach forever. Eventually someone will have to take the reigns over.

NBA fans asked the same thing about what would happen when Red Auerbach stopped coaching the Boston Celtics and Pat Riley the Los Angeles Lakers. Lots of new faces have come and gone, but still over half of the NBA Titles since the formation of the NBA 64 years ago still rests with just these 2 franchises. So my guess would be that as long as BD has the resources to pay, they'll be able to entice the best staff in the business to Concord, Calif. even after these current BD staff are no longer on the scene. The same as the Celtics and Lakers have been able to do.

Edited by BRASSO

I knew I had forgotten John Meehan in my list. How much younger is he than the rest of the guys? Would he be the likeliest to stick around forever until he's just too old to do it anymore?

John's still young...he aged out in 89, and since age out was 21 at that time, that puts him in the mid 40's (####....I remember him as a wee one in the B corps!). He's got years and years to go.

Edited by 84BDsop

John is right around 40, & his father was the brass caption head before Wayne, so I would imagine he will be around Blue Devils for a long time.

1345274923[/url]' post='3208005']

I just always wonder with BD what will happen when it comes times for these guys to retire? Chandler, Johnson, Downey, Murphy can't teach forever. Eventually someone will have to take the reigns over.

It's incredible that Dave Glyde never gets mentioned in the same breath as these other guys.

• Like 4