Staff changes

Heard in Indianapolis;

Bluecoats - visual changes

Troopers - Wide ranging changes

Colts - Wide ranging changes

Blue Stars - Some changes in various areas

Pioneers - wide ranging changes

Some of these are people moving on, others are being corps motivated. I do not attest to accuracy on these but in each case they were prevalent.

I just always wonder with BD what will happen when it comes times for these guys to retire? Chandler, Johnson, Downey, Murphy can't teach forever. Eventually someone will have to take the reigns over.

What most people don't realize is.

Dave Glyde writes 90% of the arrangements now.

Wayne already passed the hornline caption head baton to John Meehan YEARS ago. Wayne just consults now.

Jamie Holly is responsible for a huge chunk of the visual design and runs the visual program at least 50% of the time now.

Other than Scott Johnson, most of the big hall of famers have already passed their batons to their trusted understudies and the corps has still not skipped a beat. The Blue Devils staff is a well oiled unstoppable machine from their top hall of famer to their bottom of the list tech.

Edited by drumcorpsdrummerman2012
  • Like 4

Jaime Holly does quite a lot of the drill writing work currently - the foot soldier for Murphy's designs.

What most people don't realize is.

Dave Glyde writes 90% of the arrangements now.

Wayne already passed the hornline caption head baton to John Meehan YEARS ago. Wayne just consults now.

Jamie Holly is responsible for a huge chunk of the visual design and runs the visual program at least 50% of the time now.

Other than Scott Johnson, most of the big hall of famers have already passed their batons to their trusted understudies and the corps has still not skipped a beat. The Blue Devils staff is a well oiled unstoppable machine from their top hall of famer to their bottom of the list tech.

I had quite a few with Jaime Holly in Allentown.. great convo.. but I don't have much hope for BD being fan accessible anytime soon.

Although had a conversation with one of their brass techs. And there is a reason why they actually sound like a complete brass line nowadays. Lovin' that BD brass line. Keep sounding great. Note before 2010.. I would have never said such a thing..

• Like 2

I had quite a few with Jaime Holly in Allentown.. great convo.. but I don't have much hope for BD being fan accessible anytime soon.

Although had a conversation with one of their brass techs. And there is a reason why they actually sound like a complete brass line nowadays. Lovin' that BD brass line. Keep sounding great. Note before 2010.. I would have never said such a thing..

Bill Watson? Just a guess. He's a great recent add-on for that great line.

• Like 2

I think some people dont know what happened. Ive talked to people that were pretty big with the Glassmen back in the day and they know what the problems are now. I am not going to share anything until i know for sure so i dont get red flagged and messaged from people yelling at me.

I'm sure any changes will eventually come out over time but as a concerned alumni, I'd like to know what is going on between now and next season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You mean they are going to spend all of 2013 trying to get the 2012 drill "right"?

Probably not a bad idea.

OK so we have read about Glassmen changing directors. Any other confirmed departures or additions?

Bill has been on staff since 2006. Not a recent add on but still a great person to have on staff.

Well, when so much of your staff has been there since the 80s, 2006 is pretty recent! :tongue:

• Like 1

Full Troopers staff is gone! I hope they get some people in there that create an EXCITING production and finally get that drumline and pit playing some real music!!

I hope they keep the instructional staff (at least visually), but get rid of the design team. I believe some of their design team is also teaching so we'll see.