A plea to *insert corps name here*

I make my annual request demand that Regiment do Janacek's "Sinfonietta"....they have yet to listen to me, however! :tongue:

That would be awesome. I just did a drum corps search for it. Looks like it's never been done except for some of Bluecoats' brass performing it with the Canton Symphony Orchestra.

I want something different from SCV next year. This show was so much better than the last 2 years but still missed the mark. I really wanted to like this show more and tried to...but I couldn’t. It seemed confused…am I a greatest hits, re-establish identity, entertain the crowd show or am I an artsy show about a painting? And much of the audience friendly stuff was more the idea of nostalgia because it was lost in the arranging

It tried the Madison /Regiment trick of old with new and sort of missed both – the show seemed lost and didn’t have enough musical, visual pay-off to get cowtowns box 5 fan friendly show. Maybe I expected too much too soon...compared to the last 2 years...it was soooo much better so perhaps I should can it and be grateful

I figure the California band scene must have some sort of ‘it has to be Art’ follow-me, jump-my-train, group-think going on...all the Cali corps seems so west coast..... and that throw down for the audience is shunned as simple-minded and won't sell in Cali?

I’d like Vanguard to rock next year, not try to be artsy, just a 80’s style SCV big crowd pleaser show – audience engagement and entertainment is art

• Like 2

Carolina Crown: "COUNTDOWN - the Music of John Coltrane".

BlueCoats: Arvo Pärt

Jersey Surf: Schoolhouse Rock

Surf already did a show titled "School's Out" when they were div II...one of my favorite shows of the 2000's.

BD - Continue to do what you've been doing. I won't promise I'll always like it, but I will at least recognize that your design is unique. As long you keep doing it with the level of precision and excellence that you've set for yourself, you will always have my respect, if not my admiration.

Cadets - Get back to innovating. Please. It is possible to do so without cheese and without pissing off the majority of fans. Show us things that we've never seen. Play things that we've never heard. I want something completely new (and cheese free) from you in 2013.

Crown - Keep doing what you're doing. You have a knack for taking almost any concept and making it flat out awesome. No reason to stop now.

• Like 2