A plea to *insert corps name here*

Blue Knights: Now that you have done "old school" and innovative, combine the two efforts and win the hearts of millions.

:inlove:

Waiting for ANY corps to play Mahler 6!

Shows that would be perfect for certain corps.

Blue Devils: "Music is The Best" - A Frank Zappa Suite

Blessed Relief

Cruisin For Burgers

Peaches En Regalia

The Grand Wazoo

Imaginary Diseases

Village of The Sun

Echidna's Arf (Of You)

Do You Ever Wash That Thing?

Be-Bop Tango

Packard Goose

Rollo - Frank Zappa

New Brown Clouds (From Greggary Peccary) - Frank Zappa

It would be fun to see all that source material crammed into one show thumbup.gif

(someone came up with this one before I can't take credit)

Santa Clara Vanguard - "V for Vanguard"

Music from V for Vendetta

1812 Overture

Bluecoats "Protectors of Earth"

Unstoppable - E.S. Posthumous

This is Our Land - Epic Score

Heart of Courage - Two Steps from Hell

Moving Mountains - Two Steps from Hell

Protectors of Earth - Two Steps from Hell

Edited by Njfritz
  • Like 1

BD - Continue to do what you've been doing. I won't promise I'll always like it, but I will at least recognize that your design is unique. As long you keep doing it with the level of precision and excellence that you've set for yourself, you will always have my respect, if not my admiration.

Cadets - Get back to innovating. Please. It is possible to do so without cheese and without pissing off the majority of fans. Show us things that we've never seen. Play things that we've never heard. I want something completely new (and cheese free) from you in 2013.

Crown - Keep doing what you're doing. You have a knack for taking almost any concept and making it flat out awesome. No reason to stop now.

I completely agree. And there is no better year than next year for high velocity drill (just something prettier and with possibly more color). All of their returning members are conditioned for it already, and will be ready to bring it, with an even higher caliber of cleanliness and execution. This year was about testing the waters. Keep going with their concept of setting huge goals, and this next year is their gold for the taking.

Phantom Regiment: Bartok - Symphonie fantastique (especially the March to the Scaffold).

Also, Spem in alium (by Tallis). Maybe not the same show as the Bartok.

Symphony Fantastique is Berlioz, not Bartok. But I agree that It would be awesome for Phantom to give it another shot.

Or maybe Surf could do a "Spamalot" show! :thumbup:

w00t.gif Please! I'd love to see how'd they present the Lumberjack song. If any corps could pull off Monty Python and really get the spirit of it, it would be Surf.

A show idea:

"Musical Assaults"- featuring music by P.D.Q. Bach (I'm not deeply familiar with his music, so this is just a rough proposal)

-The Unbegun Symphony (an excerpt, optional)

-Prelude to Einstein on the Fritz

-Echo Sonata for 2 Unfriendly Groups of Instruments

-Rondo Mucho Grando

-Chorale Variations on "In Der Nacht so Hell, der Petrus ist Mein Freund"

-Schleptet

-Eine Kleine Nichtmusic

-The Art of the Ground Round

-1712 Overture

As for the corps to do it, I really don't know. It would be cool to see a top-12 corps do music like this. Done properly, it could be a unique and very entertaining show. The sense of humor in Shickele's work is just something else.

Other requests:

-I'd like to see a corps do at least one piece from The Lord of the Rings. The music's well-known and accessible, but it also has the intricacy and power to really benefit from a drum corps treatment. Maybe Phantom? It's not classical, but they've got the right sound for it.

-Just because they're my favorite band, I'd love to see someone do some They Might Be Giants music. I've yet to see any kind of marching group, band or corps, play it. Surf might be a good fit. The song "Older" would work well in a time-themed show.

Edited by tubabeard42

BlueCoats: Arvo Pärt

Well, I'm experiencing a quandary here. I've long made my campaign public about elimination the printing of "Bluecoats" as two words, but I've never accounted with the above possibility. Do I have to modify my pet peeve? :satisfied: