Boxer Scranton Review

[The thing is, was the guard counting off loud enough in certain parts of the show near the end that I could hear it in front of the press box? That has to go. I thought I was imagining it- and realized I wasn't.]

Yeah. Imagine that last year during the beautiful lyrical sections of their Gershwin show. Why does the staff allow this??? I think any sound made on the field needs to be judged. Maybe that will shut them up....

Fantastic review, thank you Big W.

And what are the odds of 2 baritone soloists named Kyle in DCA? :smile:

[The thing is, was the guard counting off loud enough in certain parts of the show near the end that I could hear it in front of the press box? That has to go. I thought I was imagining it- and realized I wasn't.]

Yeah. Imagine that last year during the beautiful lyrical sections of their Gershwin show. Why does the staff allow this??? I think any sound made on the field needs to be judged. Maybe that will shut them up....

Early in season, yes I can understand it. But by now, that stuff needs to be reigned in. I would make an edjamacated guess that kind of thing falls under the 'communication' effect subcaption and something will be said politely by someone or by multiple people on the panel.

My guess is that it will be gone for Prelims and Finals. Right now, if I were with Hurcs- I'm thinking if the corps pulls out all the stops and can get everything cleaned up, tidied up, and still maintain the energy and aggressivess when necessary and the elegant and dark sounds when it's needed, maybe you can have an honest opportunity for a top 3, and you owe it to your corps to give it an honest go. To top it off, you have corps like Empire and C2 behind you who are pretty darned good who are trying to catch YOU as well.

I envy Hurcs, C2, Empire, and CV. They're in the kind of situation I love/loved to be in the thick of when I was a performer, or when I staff a group. It's not a cut and dried scenario where you know no matter what you do, you're stuck in x place. It brings out your best effort as a performer or as staff.

Edited by BigW

Fantastic review, thank you Big W.

And what are the odds of 2 baritone soloists named Kyle in DCA? :smile:

Hmm.... If there are too many Kyles, people will have to create goofy corps nicknames for all of you so people know the difference. :cool:

At Westshore, we had Baldy, Big Ogre, Little Ogre, and Chunks in the Bari section and those are the ones I can readily think of. :cool: Walt showed me his "OG 2" shirt he wore with you guys, so I know the nickname tradition still continues. :satisfied:

Thank you for the kind words!

You all should have been high-fivin' after that run. the sound under the press box was impressive. A good Bari section sets everything up harmonically and really adds strength to the ensemble. The impacts wouldn't be as devestating without your section's push- and without all three patrs as clear and as in tune. :satisfied:

Edited by BigW