Any Douglasville Reviews?...?

I only made it for the two Open Class shows. I was told that Cincinnati and Shenandoah were both better than last year. One person I was sitting with said they were surprised by the the quality of Cincinnati (a compiment to them). I wish had gotten to see them and wish those Class A groups the best for Championship week.

Tampa Bay: My favorite symphony on the field! Some serious timing issues at the beginning that made me feel uncomfortable. I wanted them to be awesome (they had the numbers), but the timing left an early impression. The hornline had the biggest sound of the night and the first impact has a junior corps quality to it. With that being said, it seemed as though I was watching two different groups. One that stood stil and sounded great, and another that moved and had trouble playing. The percussion has improved since last season and the guard is about the same performance level.

Overall, better than last year (I think their score was around the same as their Finals score from last year), but if they can clean up the visual and fix the phasing, they may have a shot at making a surprise for Finals. Still enjoyed the show and hope Tampa gets things going visually next year!

CV: A different level in cleanliness compared to Tampa Bay. I have yet to look at the recaps, but I guessed they would win every caption, with brass being the smallest margin of victory (not sure what margin, but smaller than the others). The percussion has improved (I give them two more years to really be where they want to be) and the brass is a bit better than last year. From what I could tell, the guard does not seem to be as strong as last year, but was still in another league from Tampa Bay (it is still certainly the strength of their corps).

Overall, I think this show is MUCH better from a performance standpoint than last year. With that being said, it may be very difficult for them improve upon their standing from last year because of the strength of the other groups at Finals. This is definitely a finalist show, but I believe it will be in the 9th-10th range.

Other: The stadium is a really great venue. Tall, but steep enough that you still get the hornline impacts. $12 at the gate is still a bit steep for a four corps show (only two being Open Class). It made me sad to not see Alliance at the show. They were missed...