DCA Annapolis Predictions

So it looks like there are some very tight races from top to bottom this year. The poll that I did a couple of weeks ago had very mixed opinions throughout. Now that we have scores from (almost) everyone since then, here are my predictions for Prelims and Finals...

Prelims

Bucs - 98.2

MB - 97.1

Cabs - 96.7

Hurcs - 92.8

Kidsgrove - 92.4

Empire - 91.2

Cadets2 - 91.0

Renegades - 89.9

CV - 85.9

Fusion - 85.8

Kilties - 83.9

Tampa Bay - 83.7

Bush - 79.5

Finals

Bucs - 99.1

Cabs - 97.9

MB - 97.8

Kidsgrove - 94.9

Cadets2 - 92.0

Hurcs - 91.9

Empire - 91.2

Renegades - 89.7

CV - 86.3

Fusion - 86.0

I think the most excitement will be in the 4th thru 7th spots. I know there probably won't be as much movement as I listed, but I like the idea of it being possible this year. Things have been kinda stagnant over the last several years between Prelims & Finals. Good luck to all the corps!

So it looks like there are some very tight races from top to bottom this year. The poll that I did a couple of weeks ago had very mixed opinions throughout. Now that we have scores from (almost) everyone since then, here are my predictions for Prelims and Finals...

Prelims

Bucs - 98.2

MB - 97.1

Cabs - 96.7

Hurcs - 92.8

Kidsgrove - 92.4

Empire - 91.2

Cadets2 - 91.0

Renegades - 89.9

CV - 85.9

Fusion - 85.8

Kilties - 83.9

Tampa Bay - 83.7

Bush - 79.5

Finals

Bucs - 99.1

Cabs - 97.9

MB - 97.8

Kidsgrove - 94.9

Cadets2 - 92.0

Hurcs - 91.9

Empire - 91.2

Renegades - 89.7

CV - 86.3

Fusion - 86.0

I think the most excitement will be in the 4th thru 7th spots. I know there probably won't be as much movement as I listed, but I like the idea of it being possible this year. Things have been kinda stagnant over the last several years between Prelims & Finals. Good luck to all the corps!

I think this is very close to my prediction as well although I don't see C2 jumping as much. They have more work to do than Empire or Hurcs.

I think this is very close to my prediction as well although I don't see C2 jumping as much. They have more work to do than Empire or Hurcs.

I agree, although that is actually why I think they can jump so much between now and the end. Since they will go on very early in Prelims, I don't see the panel moving them up to 5th. But (and it's a BIG BUT), if they can clean the snot out of their show, I think they have more room to improve than do Hurcs and Empire. I have a feeling they will have some more Cadet influence over the next two weekends, both on and off the field, so I wouldn't count them out of the top 5.

Ill wait until this weekend of scores before I make my predictions. Too many unknowns. I want to see current DCA scores for Gold and Scouts!

The Hurcs score on Sunday was no accident.... (a 4/3 split decision for the 7 on the panel

Cadets2 might sound like a different corps in 2 weeks...and at Finals they FINALLY get to go on mid-show. :ph34r:

Calling Statesmen 6th or 7th? Can only say wow to that.

The Florida clan might have something to say about that 10th spot (Even if its a one-shot deal to make it so) For the record: i'm guessing TBT is the youngest dca open corps by a country mile...but they have a TON of people and interest and 2013 might be their coming out party. England?

The Company, K-Scouts and Thunder in the same show would be a hoot.

Attention JN and company: please dust off Florida Suite (especially the '85 closer)for next year. It will save you a lot of off-season decision making time and trouble. If not that, Coconut Champagne is a reasonable compromise. :smile:

Edited by wishbonecav

Well, looking at the corps around and above them... its a possibility. Its a strong lineup this year and one slightly off performance will cost you. Im sure they will work their tails off during the non show weekend to not let that happen but again, anything can happen.

Edited by skeptic

"Attention JN and company: please dust off Florida Suite (especially the '85 closer)for next year. It will save you a lot of off-season decision making time and trouble."

"Midnight in Miami's" a fastastic piece. :satisfied:

It would be no suprise to see Empire in 6th or 7th. The overall field is that strong and aggressive. I'd need to study recaps more, but check visual top numbers and see how they stack up against C2 and Hurcs. I have a feeling that's the issue. Both provide a lot more on that end.

It will take a fair amount beyond 80 to make Open Finals. That's also a lot different than it has been. Empire's show not too long ago would have been top 5/top 3 with little argument. Everyone's really stepped up their games and developed their corps. No one's an easy pushover right now.

The Hurcs score on Sunday was no accident.... (a 4/3 split decision for the 7 on the panel

Cadets2 might sound like a different corps in 2 weeks...and at Finals they FINALLY get to go on mid-show. :ph34r:

The Florida clan might have something to say about that 10th spot (Even if its a one-shot deal to make it so) For the record: i'm guessing TBT is the youngest dca open corps by a country mile...but they have a TON of people and interest and 2013 might be their coming out party. England?

The Company, K-Scouts and Thunder in the same show would be a hoot.

Attention JN and company: please dust off Florida Suite (especially the '85 closer)for next year. It will save you a lot of off-season decision making time and trouble. If not that, Coconut Champagne is a reasonable compromise. :smile:

Would love to see The Company join Kidsgrove Scouts on tour... I can't wait to see them in September in their championships... Kidsgrove is better than 2010 so they must be amazing... off soon to help Kidsgrove with their tour... see everyone in Bridgeport, Pennsauken and Annapolis...

Please refer to my notes about your "retirement" posted last year (and the year before). :smile:

And you are off to England? Please send along a copy of your "retirement" brochure.

Would love to see The Company join Kidsgrove Scouts on tour... I can't wait to see them in September in their championships... Kidsgrove is better than 2010 so they must be amazing... off soon to help Kidsgrove with their tour... see everyone in Bridgeport, Pennsauken and Annapolis...

• Like 1

Ill wait until this weekend of scores before I make my predictions. Too many unknowns.

I will wait until Labor Day Monday to make my predictions for 2012. :tongue:

• Like 1