DCA Annapolis Predictions

I will wait until Labor Day Monday to make my predictions for 2012. :tongue:

Chicken :tongue: !

I will go on record promising right now to make my predictions about 11:30 PM September 2nd. HOURS before Mr. Haring. So there :sly:

What? No "Class A" love?

--Maybe it's just too close to call right now. :winky:

Good luck to all of our Class A buddies! We hope that everyone in Class A really gives the crowd a show!

Dont miss it! :babies:

What? No "Class A" love?

--Maybe it's just too close to call right now. :winky:

Good luck to all of our Class A buddies! We hope that everyone in Class A really gives the crowd a show!

Dont miss it! :babies:

Looking forward to seeing Gold at Reading, Bob, very much so.

I love DCA predictions (and Vegas lines, football polls, Nostradamus, but not the Mayans). Here's my own . . .

Open Class Finals

Buccaneers

Caballeros

MN Brass

Kidsgrove

Hurricanes

Empire Statesmen

Cadets2

CV

Renegades

Fusion

NOTES. . .

I have attended shows live, and watched video. BOTH are helpful.

Buccaneers just too solid all around. I've never seen such fine coordination of elements.

Cabs have end-of season mojo, but percussion overplays the book.

MN Brass will be strong, but performing BEFORE Cabs and Reading will be a challenge.

Kidsgrove will go over very well, WITH a clean performance to match.

Hurcs have a VERY satisfying show. The guard is really attractive. Music to please anyone.

Empire is entertaining as ever (I love the magic box trick). Something else wrong behind the curtain?

Cadets2 very sloppy marching, messy drill design. Percussion will beat some folks above.

CV sounds improved, could switch places with Cadets2.

Renegades talk a good game, but this is a very strong field.

Fusion is putting out its best corps. Pleasing show, but smallish size hurts.

Once again, my beloved Kilties will score lower than I would like. I look forward to the day they are 5th or higher.

Looks like the crowd will be down in size. Sure hope not.

The pay-per-view Fan Network addition is huge for DCA.

• Like 1

Since Ream hasn't chimed in yet;

Open-the highest score wins

Class A-the highest score wins

Combined-THE AUDIENCE WINS!

• Like 1

Buccaneers just too solid all around. I've never seen such fine coordination of elements.

Cabs have end-of season mojo, but percussion overplays the book.

MN Brass will be strong, but performing BEFORE Cabs and Reading will be a challenge.

Kidsgrove will go over very well, WITH a clean performance to match.

Hurcs have a VERY satisfying show. The guard is really attractive. Music to please anyone.

Empire is entertaining as ever (I love the magic box trick). Something else wrong behind the curtain?

Cadets2 very sloppy marching, messy drill design. Percussion will beat some folks above.

CV sounds improved, could switch places with Cadets2.

Renegades talk a good game, but this is a very strong field.

Fusion is putting out its best corps. Pleasing show, but smallish size hurts.

Once again, my beloved Kilties will score lower than I would like.

-Agreed, Bucs are too strong this year. Only thing they might lose is Horns.

-Cabs will be good, maybe 2nd. Still think they will take 3rd.

-MBI is currently slotted 2nd for prelims. Cabs need to jump in score by at least 1.46 to change that and the lower prelims slot has not hurt MBI in the past.

-I really would love to see KS here!!! and I think they can pull it off!

-I agree with you on the Hurcs comments.

-Too strong of a field for them to be higher. I think there is something going on behind the scenes that hasnt been said.

-Sloppy execution sure but the drill isnt messy. They may even take out ES.

-This is where I have no idea... CV, Gades, Fusion... a good fight for 8-10!

Minnesota Brass may win or be a close second.

Why?

They will likely repeat in the horn caption. There's no reason why their amazing hornline won't win again. They may also repeat in the guard caption. From what I've seen they won't win visual by a long shot and that will be their undoing and why they would lose the title, even though they tied with the Bucs for visual last year. They may be tight with the percussion caption. As two-time winner of Front-Line percussion, they may win again.

It's close, folks. And that's why I love DCA :)

Edited by Ron H

The Hurcs score on Sunday was no accident.... (a 4/3 split decision for the 7 on the panel

Cadets2 might sound like a different corps in 2 weeks...and at Finals they FINALLY get to go on mid-show. :ph34r:

Calling Statesmen 6th or 7th? Can only say wow to that.

The Florida clan might have something to say about that 10th spot (Even if its a one-shot deal to make it so) For the record: i'm guessing TBT is the youngest dca open corps by a country mile...but they have a TON of people and interest and 2013 might be their coming out party. England?

The Company, K-Scouts and Thunder in the same show would be a hoot.

Attention JN and company: please dust off Florida Suite (especially the '85 closer)for next year. It will save you a lot of off-season decision making time and trouble. If not that, Coconut Champagne is a reasonable compromise. :smile:

I don't know, seems as if everyone is seeing us 11th this year! We still have work to do and YES are average age is 17 but we will push until the end. 2013 will be a ton of fun but Florida Suite is not a consideration. That was for Suncoast Sound by Robert W. Smith and thats where it should stay!

See you all next weekend, time will tell! Lots of room from 8 thru 12 if you ask me!

Jim

• Like 1

1-Bucs-too good.

2-MINNY-visual hurts

3-Cabs-Still sloppy

4-Empire-Bad design

5-Hurcs-great guard and perc. brass hurts.

6-Kips-the unknown

7-Cadets2 -still sloppy and young. great perc.

8-CV-a bit booring but big.

9-Fusion-Small but exciting

10-Renegades-Could move up

11-Kilties-again

12-TBT-not yet.

13-Bush -woh.

• Like 1

Minnesota Brass may win or be a close second.

Why?

They will likely repeat in the horn caption. There's no reason why their amazing hornline won't win again.

Reading has the best brassline they've had since 2009, and it rivals that one, IMO. They've rediscovered that rich low brass sound that's been missing the last few years as well. So, there's pretty darned good reason why MBI's brass may not repeat. I wouldn't call a repeat likely by any stretch. At best, its a toss up.

• Like 1