DCA Annapolis Predictions

They may not win but they will certainly make a move and catch a few corps by championships.

Although I don't think it's the field staff's fault for the program not being finished until so late in the season. I am speculating that when you have Jeff Sacktig designing for BOTH Cadets corps at the same time that one of them is going to take a back seat. Maybe the Program Coordinator didn't communicate well enough with Jeff. There are lots of reasons why the delay in finishing could have happened.

I saw Cadets2 in Hornell. They aren't going to be catching any of the current top 5. I'm sure the instructional staff there is great but so is Cabs, Hurcs and DEFINITELY Empire. They aren't THAT good. They are better than what they started with in Clifton but are we comparing them to the other corps or the progress they are making.

At best they finish 7th this year.

Next year is a different story.

Morgan

Never say never.... :satisfied: congratulations Cadets2 on a great first year!

Edited by Santana

Sunday night, several people remarked at how subdued the shirt I wore was. It was light blue... pretty quiet. (Like that matters. It doesn't. LOL)

Until they got a closer look. It was a shirt with U.S. Navy designs on it... Navy ships, insignias, etc.

Next year, if all goes well, I am leaning toward a shirt with U.S. Marines themes on it.

Venue-specific apparel. The wave of the future. :lol:

be careful...nmavy personnel may remind you that if weren't for them giving the Marines a ride, they'd never get anywhere

:tongue:

I LITERALLY BOWED AT YOUR FEET AND IT STILL WASNT ENOUGH!!!!!

we minions are mere drones marching off the Apple 1984 cliff to the beat of the Westshore echo.

:rolleyes:

Not to derail but I wasn't following corps at the time and... well I kind of have a historical interest in one of the corps....

How many did go to Reading from Harrisburg?

OK, Off Topic over.... what are the predicts for next year?

maybe 20, mostly percussion, and some of the percussion staff, but not all.

maybe 20, mostly percussion, and some of the percussion staff, but not all.

Sounds like the Yankee Rebels going "narth" in 77/78. Hell can only remember one Contra and two female horns (so would have been 77 only) coming to WSM. Rest were drums and prec instructors.

Thanks for the info..... will add to the mess I'm putting together from DCP tidbits.

be careful...navy personnel may remind you that if weren't for them giving the Marines a ride, they'd never get anywhere

Just don't call the Marines "Sea Going Bellhops". :ph34r:

Memory from a Korea vet I know who still remembers the trouble that caused. :shutup:

be careful...nmavy personnel may remind you that if weren't for them giving the Marines a ride, they'd never get anywhere

My Son, the Marine, was always annoyed by that. Spent 6 months on the Iwo Jima and #####ed the whole time LOL