DCA Annapolis Predictions

You mean to tell me that you can't tell from watching videos???

Hmmmmm....I bet you I know someone who can!! LOL

(Ok....sarcasm was on, then off...then on again....then...oh...nevermind....I can't tell either!!!)

Oh no no no... I CAN tell from videos. I just didnt want to say that and get redmarked and turn this into another one of those threads. :tongue:

• Like 1

No bias at all. I really do think it's a toss up. Both corps have outstanding brass lines, but to say one is an easy repeat is crazy. MBI earned the trophy in 10 and 11, just as Bucs earned theirs in 09. I saw MBI in Bridgeport, and have seen them online. They rock. But to think they will have an easy time is not at all the case.

Fair enough. The way I read it the first time around just didnt sit right. No doubt they are both fantastic hornlines.

I just saw C.V. last weekend and they were anything BUT boring! Clean show, beautiful colorguard and the best drumline they have had in a long time. Hornline has the chops to "rattle the stands" when required!

I hear ya, Steve. When I saw CV in Northern Virginia in early July, that color guard in particular really stood out. They are very, very good.

The problem with much of the debate on here is many who chime in with polls, predictions and evaluations have yet to step foot in a stadium. And its those people who start the flaming insults and arguing. Don't get too caught up in the debate. You will see soon who those people are. Wait until the next video and recap becomes available. :-P

VEry funny.

When did the DCA forum become romper room??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You forgot someone said its not enough you have to be in the stadium to have a opinion you have to actually be marching to have a opinion.

Some people just need to know when to grow up.

Edited by camel lips

If anyone around these forums notices such things: I rarely comment here, on a corps performance. That is because I don't get to DCA shows as much as I did in my competative days. This particular season for instance, I have seen only the Kilties, Govenaires, Minn Brass, C.V., Tampa Bay Thunder and Shenendoah Sound. I prefer to actually SEE a corps before I comment on their quality. There are SO many variables to take into consideration, before one can honestly evaluate a corps ability to perform. Lets take Tampa Bay Thunder as an example. I saw them live, from the end zone, at the Douglasville show. They are balanced in all sections, members-wise. A full sized corps, from what I could see. I also saw them rehearse, during the day. They need to clean their show. The members rehearse well. Their work ethic was apparent. They will have no problem cleaning their show, in my opinion. I can say this because I was there to witness first hand, how they rehearse. You can't get that kind of information from a video of a corps performance. :satisfied:

VEry funny.

When did the DCA forum become romper room??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You forgot someone said its not enough you have to be in the stadium to have a opinion you have to actually be marching to have a opinion.

Some people just need to know when to grow up.

Hey Ed: Can I put off this "need to grow up thing" for a little while longer? I'm 60 and I'm in no particular hurry. :tongue:

Hey Ed: Can I put off this "need to grow up thing" for a little while longer? I'm 60 and I'm in no particular hurry. :tongue:

No need to my friend. You sir have earned the entitlement of not growing up :tongue:

Its the kids that rode the short bus that need the help. :w00t: :w00t:

I too need a pass on growing up. :satisfied:

The thing is... I'd never review MBI unless I actually saw them. Which I have, but that was over 2 years ago now, and I'll see them for Prelims and review them then. It's not fair to the corps at all.

Judging is a very spontaneous thing as well, and good shows are designed to create spontaneous reactions to excite the crowd, etc.

I think people might have some educated guesses as to where KS and MBI and the Gades relate, but I won't touch it with a grinch-sized 39 and a half foot pole until I get an actual read on them at prelims. Then I'll do some predicting on the fly and see how close I get. :satisfied:

With some of the travel distances with DCA mambers and the fact no one 'tours', Prelims is the only place to find out where it all breaks down. I'm wouldn't dare predict who gets eliminiated yet in Open and A right now. Still way too many variables, the biggest one being the Gades for Open. KS will at least get a number and comments the week before so they'll be a more known quantity....