Is it just me

We seem to be getting into a Crown/ BD debate. What is interesting here is that prior to finals, everything BD did was wrong and their show was the end of drum corps and perhaps even the good of society and Crown was the home of all that was good and virtuous. BD has won and now Crown can do no right. However, we seem to be focusing on Crown's visuals and how if the visuals had improved, Crown would have won. I'm not so sure. No question, as far as judges were concerned, BD had the upper hand visually. Personally I found some of BD's visuals distracting, but I could not get enough of the hula-hoops. To be fair, I thought that Crown's rifles looked a bit like the Green Hornet, but I could not get enough of the balancing squares or gymnastics. There's also no question Crown had the upper hand in brass. If we look at brass and visuals alone, the two nearly balanced each other off. Percussion is where the two were about a point apart and that's where the gap can be found. Interestingly it's percussion that kept Phantom from edging out Crown.

So Crown and Phantom ought to have the same motto this winter: Percussion, percussion, percussion.