What music would you love to see a drum corps do that hasn't been

I'll just mention again that I'd like to hear a Corps play some good gaming music.

Seconded. In particular, Jeremy Soule's fully orchestrated gaming soundtracks (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic; The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; etc.) are completely brilliant and better than 90% of the film scores being composed today.

• Like 1

Wow!! Not only pieces I never heard, but composers I never heard of. Not a dig, sad commentaty on my limited musical exposure. A few lighter suggestions.

"Hymn" by Vanggelis (choral version)

"Show me the Way" Styx

"Since I Don't Have You" Brian Setzer

"The Epic" Pat Metheny

Wow!! Not only pieces I never heard, but composers I never heard of.

I hope you aren't referring to my NeverDone site... it's filled mostly with mainstream artists: Chopin, Beethoven, Dvorak, Shubert, Blakey, Gillespie, Kenton, Strayhorn, Aerosith, Chicago, Metallica, Talking Heads, Tower of Power...

"Show me the Way" Styx

Good one! I just added it!

Someone mentioned Gilbert and Sullivan. Love to see a corps do The Mikado and add a little of The Hot Mikado to jazz it up a little. There is ton of stuff in that operetta to choose from plus the ancient Japanese theme offers a lot to work with visually.

• Like 2

I'd definitely agree with you abot William Schuman and Mahler's 3rd. Tubin's 4th would be a blast to hear on the field. I'd also like to hear some of Hovhaness' works. That said, I think you meant to say Ernst Bloch, not Toch!?

No, I did mean Ernst TOCH. His Spiel for Wind Orchestra, Op. 39 is one of the coolest band pieces I've ever played.

The Hovaness Sym. No.4 for Wind Band is pretty cool too.

There is SO much almost totally unknown music from the early to mid 20th century out there, Symphonies by Peter Mennin and Paul Creston, The Hindemith Symphony in Eb, etc.

I may be a bit out of the consensus on this one, but I would be interested in seeing a group do a Woodstock show. Minus all the "herbal" references.

I would love to see a corps take on Don Ellis' "33 222 1 222" Good luck marching to 19/8 time!

No problem for BD; they would just play all the hard stuff while standing still. As usual. :ph34r::w00t:

• Like 2