closing threads

bluehull

I knew what you meant, Stu. but as I suspected some read it differently - happens all the time on here.

either that, or they are on to you.....you've been outed as our undercover moderator..... :ph34r:

Or, some read my signature tag line :) And besides, I am not an undercover moderator but am just in search of the elusive

:w00t:

There was a recent best brass poll with many inaccurate claims as winners for the brass title...it wasnt even addressed, let alone closed down. THeres plenty of people here that know the results, and marched the corps that created the results, yet the poll with the inaccuate information was allowed to stay open as truth...very bad for this pace and the activity.

Geoffrey

• Like 1

There was a recent best brass poll with many inaccurate claims as winners for the brass title...it wasnt even addressed, let alone closed down. THeres plenty of people here that know the results, and marched the corps that created the results, yet the poll with the inaccuate information was allowed to stay open as truth...very bad for this pace and the activity.

Geoffrey

Hmmmm. I just read through the DCP Community Guidelines many times and I do not see where inaccuracies witin postings are any concern for the Mods actually shutting down a thread.

It's called integrity

The Mods are in essence bouncers who keep things like potential liable or other legal issues from harming the posters or this site; they are 'not' there to do fact checks on which corps took first in guard on the second show of the season back in 1979 in CA. What you are suggesting is that the Mods have to actually correct people merely sitting around the table discussing what is sometimes misinformation (which typically gets self-corrected within the thread anyway); and, in your opinion, if the Mods do not step in with discussion corrections they have caused the site, as well as themselves, to have poor integrity! Try this on for size: The next time you go into a club or a bar tell that to a bouncer, that they have no integrity unless they come sit at your table and correct all discussions, and see what happens!

Edited by Stu