2012 DCA World Championships Prelims

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to THE BIG SHOW, the 2012 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary competition at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland! My name is Kevin Gamin and I am the Managing News Editor for Drum Corps Planet as well as one of the commentators for today's festivities. Follow this thread for live coverage of all the Class A and Open Class corps as they meet head to head for the first time this season.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to THE BIG SHOW, the 2012 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary competition at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Maryland! My name is Kevin Gamin and I am the Managing News Editor for Drum Corps Planet as well as one of the commentators for today's festivities. Follow this thread for live coverage of all the Class A and Open Class corps as they meet head to head for the first time this season.

Not long now....this should be the most interesting prelims in 30 years imho...lots of questions

Hello Everybody,

Welcome to the 2012 DCA World Championships Prelims! We are at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis. This is a beautiful and inspiring venue for drum corps.

The I&E competition last night was a huge hit and I am very proud of the performance of my mini-corps: Minne-Brass!

Edited by Todd Tanji

Our view of the field: http://campl.us/lHEG

Hope everyone puts their best foot forward today. Mostly cloudy, nice breeze, warm, butnnothing like the oppressive heat from yesterday. Look forward to reading everyone's thoughts this evening. Good luck to all and I hope we entertain well!

We are ready to rock and roll here in Annapolis. Excelsior is on the field and we are awaiting their announcement.

Looks like 4 colorguard, 9 horns, 6 battery and 15 pit.

First on the field is Excelsior from the capital district of New York & Western Massachusetts. Their 2012 program is entitled "All the Kings Men". No information on their show is available on Corpsreps.com.

Excelsior has two snares, one tenor, three basses, FIFTEEN pit! and one drum major.

Three color guard.

Nine brass.

Starting here with colorguard introducing all the equipment: saber and flags. Colorguard staying staged up front with silver lamet' and white china silks and the male colorguard member is in a Crusader type costume.

Trumpet soloist up front, framed by two guard members. The third guard member has now changed into a knight costume.

Now I can't get Holy Grail out of my head and they're not even doing that show.